Another Jean Shopping Story

Ladytazz
on 4/21/11 10:34 am
I haven't worn my jeans for a few weeks because of my hernia and surgery so today I put on a pair and they were loose.  I'm not sure what size they were because I buy all my jeans at Goodwill and the label said 0 which I know can't be right.  So I put on my smallest, which are 5s and they were a little loose but wearable so I figured it was time to check out what size I am.
I was going to pick up a size 3 to have at home in case I needed it but I just couldn't do it.  They just looked so small.  They look like children's clothes.  I did get into a size 3 with my first WLS so I know it's possible but that was 8 years ago.  I finally decided to get another pair in size 5.  I tried them on and they fit pretty good, not loose at all so I figure the 5s I have were just a larger cut.
I'm not sure I even want to wear a 3 again.  It just seems too small and I have a picture of myself in size 3 and I just don't think I looked good.  I may have to start trying to maintain here.  I have slowly been eating a little more and I am still losing, although very slowly.
I have said this before but there is a part of me that feels like I need to get down to what I was with the first surgery, like I won't be a done unless I lose the same amount of weight and if I don't I will somehow not be as successful.  I know that is kind of crazy but it's almost like I am competing with myself.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

MajorMom
on 4/21/11 6:43 pm - VA
I don't think there's anything wrong with a little healthy competition. You do want to go a little bit lower than you're comfortable with so your bounce back brings you  up to your perfect spot. Remember you'll get a little redistribution during the year or so following your lowest weight, so I say, keep doing what you're doing and don't let the carbs sneak back in.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Price S.
on 4/21/11 9:36 pm - Mills River, NC
First, congrat on your success and on getting back to being able to wear jeans. 
As I get closer to "goal" whatever that is, or maintainance, oh dear, I am glad to see others have the same questions and concerns.  Thanks for sharing.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Just-Jenn
on 4/21/11 9:56 pm - Midstate Region, PA
Whoot!!!!  I cannot imagine being a size 3...I would die to be there (literally it would probably kill me!) but I agree our minds take a long time to catch up.  I say keep dropping weight while your body allows you to (as long as you are within healthy limits)...it makes the bounce not feel so horrible.  Of course I can say having faced a revision (I believe ours were from different causes but no matter)..regain at all is thought I do not want to have to think about, but I know it's a reality.  Sending you a big pat on your shoulder for all of your hard work--it's inspiring to me.

Proud Mom to Allen (20), Christa (14), Sophie (2), Stella (1).  and an angel 5/07

italianspice
on 4/21/11 11:04 pm - Eastlake, OH
Congrats on getting back in your jeans, and  little jeans at that!!!

~Maria

SW 230 Preop 205 GW 130 LW 131 CW 135 Ht 5'1"

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 304 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 491 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 509 views