to pixie or not to pixie???? update link to pics

IRAYD8U
on 4/14/11 10:34 pm, edited 4/15/11 12:03 am - MONTICELLO, MN
I'm considering a very short pixie cut for my hair.....I'm thinking like Ginnifer Goodwin's, Alyssa Milano's or Natalie Portmans.......just not sure if I can pull it off since I don't have a very "strong" jaw line................or should I keep what I have now??.......Opinions please........

BTW I'm thinking of going platinum blonde or a wine red for color

Here is a link that has pics of celebs cuts....the only one missing is Alyssa Milano....
www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/02/pixie-haircuts-which-cele_ n_445148.html
                    HEATHER
               Join us on the Lightweights Board
 Ask me about our Facebook Chat Group: OH WLS-Lightweights
  36 years old
5'7"   HW 256 / SW 240 / CW 145 / GW 140
Lori P.
on 4/14/11 10:57 pm - Kenosha, WI
Go for it...it's just hair....it will grow back if you do not like it!   Change is fun!!

I just did the same thing and I will never grow it out again!!!  

SW 212 / Goal 130 / Current 130

Jody ***
on 4/14/11 11:45 pm - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
I can't see your pics!

Did you see on the FB OH LIghtweights - the pic that Gina posted when I was in DC?  My hair is quite short now - and its SO much easier to take care of.  I may let it get a little longer but if it starts to look flat and scraggly, its getting cut again.

I vote for wine red... with your coloring I'm thinking platinum blonde may wash you out.

BUT - I like what you have now - it wasn't all that long ago you got it cut.  But who am I to talk?  I got mine cut shorter about 8 weeks ago, then SHORT a few weeks ago - went in stages...  I wanted it short then but my hairdresser wouldn't do it.  Its not like I haven't had it this short before.

I'm getting compliments on the color, as people think I've had it highlighted, which I haven't - its my natural grey color.  The jury is still out on it - there are days I want to go blonde again... I'm trying to wait it out and see how it grows on me.  I definitely like NOT having the color grow out and having to deal with that.

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

IRAYD8U
on 4/15/11 12:06 am - MONTICELLO, MN
I love your new cut and the grey looks great!

I was thinking the same thing about the platinum washing me out.......I definitely have to color since my natural color is a very flat dark ash blonde......it has absolutely no depth of color to it...YUCK!  I'm a bit afraid to go red......but I figure if I really don't like it I can just color it dark again......LOL  I'll have to bleach it first to get the color I want if I do go red.....
                    HEATHER
  36 years old
(deactivated member)
on 4/15/11 12:52 pm
 I really  love  Ur new cut and color too  ! looks  like a much more sophisticated and expensive blonde lol !  Who knew  it was available  for free , right ?     

The way  the color shades  from the top to the bottom is gorgeous    

Lee ~
on 4/14/11 11:47 pm - CA
If the idea makes you feel joyful, go for it.  Why not post a few pics of what you're thinking so that we can give opinions on which one we'd do. (no pun intended)

Color is always great.  I'm getting colored again next Saturday with a new person and can't wait to see the highlights, lowlights he wants to put in.  Change is always fun and hair grows out quickly if we make a mistake.  If I was young I'd have bleached white with mahogany undertones or something cool like that.  But my curly hair wouldn't look good with something like that anyways so no problem.  :)

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

IRAYD8U
on 4/15/11 12:07 am - MONTICELLO, MN
Lee you are only as young as you let yourself feel!  I'd go for the white and mahogany......like you said it's just color and you can change it!!!
                    HEATHER
  36 years old
GD6
on 4/15/11 12:51 am - Hamilton, Canada
I say go for it!  I think it would look really good on you.  I much prefer the short styles on everyone over the long on the link you posted.

I would love to go short myself but I'm too cheap to pay a fortune for a haircut every 6 weeks, and my hair takes YEARS to grow so if I hated it and wanted to go long again I'd be 60 before it would get back to where it is now.  :0)
Yasmeen  (aka thread killer!)  

5'6.5" - HW 239.4 / SW 226.8 (Feb 5, 2010) / GW 120 (Jan 6, 2011) / LW 116.8 

ANNI D.
on 4/15/11 3:21 am
A pixie cut, I think, would look really good! Especially in a deep burgundy red. Lots of times those cuts will give you more defined bone structure. And like they said, "it'll grow back!" I've done it a couple of times myself, then grown it out, then cut it.....
I only strive to be, the kind of person my dogs think I am!                               

Of the choices we are given, it's no choice at all....
                                             -Patty Griffin

newdirectionhome
on 4/15/11 3:50 am
 You'll look good in anything. Have some fun. I think I'd rather see you in red than white, but I already like your current color and do in your avatar. Very fresh.
 Wendy
5'3" SW: 210
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 308 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 431 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 497 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 515 views