1 personal goal I set for myself I did it today!

April32
on 3/22/11 12:46 pm
Hey everyone,
   I was sleeved on the 15Th of March. Today I am 1 week out. Before I was sleeved I had to set some personal goals. Small or large it just had to be a goal for myself. One of them was to walk 1 mile within 2 weeks out of having surgery. Today I went to the YMCA. I told my hubby I wanted to walk. I walked 16 laps around the track. That is equal to 1 mile! It felt so good. I am only 1 week out and I was able to do this. Even before surgery I was able to do this but I was out of breath. And it was pretty hard to do it.  This time I did have to take 3 small 5 min breaks but I'm so proud of myself! I kept getting my pace faster and faster. I made sure I didn't over do it. It might not be a big goal. But I sure can mark it off my sheet!!! I had to tell someone who understands. My family doesn't really understand where I'm coming from and why I'm so excited about this...Thanks for listening...well really reading lol...

God Bless
April

Roz !!!!
on 3/22/11 1:38 pm - Butler, PA
Congrats on your Surgery!!!!     That's so exciting that you were able to do that in just one week!!  I'm glad to hear you went at a good pace and didn't over do it.  Don't push to hard right away but I bet it won't be long until you can do 1 without stopping and then on to the next goal!!!

Thanks for sharing!!!

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

(deactivated member)
on 3/22/11 6:54 pm
 YAY !!!         just be careful Honey .... Ur little insides  are still healing up   for another seven weeks  .   Dont bend  is what my doc told  me.. 
MajorMom
on 3/22/11 8:03 pm - VA
You're doing great, April. Walking is the best exercise right now.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Price S.
on 3/22/11 8:42 pm - Mills River, NC
Good for you.  I certainly couldn't have walked a mile after a week.  Don't over-do, but keep up the walking.  Slowly, it will help you heal and keep you strong.
And your right, all those big and little goals matter a lot.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

(deactivated member)
on 3/22/11 9:13 pm
Congratulations on your surgery and on accomplishing a goal so soon after your surgery. I believe having small goals and commemorating small achievements is important along the way especially when a stall happens and you begin to wonder if the surgery is working.

Really be aware of all the little things, like one I noticed last January. We were staying at a small hotel before a flight out west and had to walk up the stairs to the second floor. My husband asked if I wanted to leave the suitcase and he would come back down to get it. I said, "Oh no, I've lost this much weight, this is quite managable."

Your accomplishing your mile with fewer breaks is just the start to many more miles. Keep up the good work but take it slow so you can do it steadily without injuries impeding your progress.
lerkhart
on 3/23/11 2:00 am
Congratulations April.  That is so amazing!!  Keep up the great work.
Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Ruthie D.
on 3/23/11 6:19 am - Mayer, AZ
Good Job!!!! 
       LIFE'S a REACH...    and then you FLY!!!   
           HW = 224, SW = 204, CW = 124, GW = 119           
kelly_hope
on 3/24/11 3:23 pm - Marysville, WA
A mile within a week of surgery! Holy crow!! I am so impressed, April. You should be super proud of yourself. Congratulations. I just hope to survive the pain of the first week, much less walk a mile.

Congrats friend! I'm proud of you!
 KELLY RNY  34yo 5'5" HW 288 SW 274 CW 188 GW 140

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 308 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 432 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 497 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 515 views