What's your fave Christmas tradition?

Dea J.
on 11/29/05 1:10 am - Huntsville, AL
Hey 40's Board! Please share with us your favorite Christmas traditions. I'll go first - I love the time that my family decorates the Christmas Tree - we listen to Christmas music and share some snacks and eggnog. Then I just love Christmas eve when we read the true Christmas story from the bible and open 1 present. Sugar-Free Eggless Egg Nog 1 (1oz) pkg sf instant vanilla pudding mix 5 1/2 c milk (I like to use 1%) 2 T Splenda Granular 1/4 t cinnamon 1 1/2 t nutmeg ***I did not like - will omit next time I make it*** 1 t vanilla extract Whisk all together in a large bowl and set in the fridge to thicken. It will get really thick (not like pudding, but thicker than regular eggnog) - some like it that way. I usually add a splash of milk to each serving and give it a quick stir. Top with a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle with more nutmeg or cinnamon if desired. - hugs - dea
meandpugs
on 11/29/05 9:33 pm - valrico, FL
I think one of my faves is Christmas morning breakfast...I get up early and cook a huge breakfast and all the kids and grandkids come over to eat and open gifts... then it is clean up time and get ready to go to my brothers or sisters for a late dinner... Cyndee
Dea J.
on 12/1/05 11:37 pm - Huntsville, AL
Cyndee, We ususally have banana bread or muffins and sausage balls for breakfast - I love Breakfast food - eggs, grits, ham, sausage but I like to make it for dinner when I have more time Christmas time is great family time. Have a GREAT & blessed Christmas! - hugs - dea
Moma V.
on 12/1/05 9:46 pm - Frogtown, OH
I started this with my own children, nearing 20 years now, so I guess it's tradition now. Before any presents are opened on Christmas morn, we sing Happy Birthday - to Jesus. I think it sets the tone for the rest of the day and reminds them once again what the day is about. Foodwise - I cook on Christmas Eve, since we spend the Christmas day out at family's homes. Usually a ham, veggies, etc. and my oldest son is coming Christmas Eve, I get to wake up to both my sons this year! hugs, Vickie
Dea J.
on 12/1/05 11:39 pm - Huntsville, AL
Vickie, What an AWESOME way to start Christmas morn! Thanks for sharing. I love Christmas and soo much family time together. Have a GREAT & Blessed Christmas! - hugs - dea
Moma V.
on 12/14/05 9:50 pm - Frogtown, OH
Dea you and your family have a Blessed, Safe and Wonderful Christmas also! hugs, Vickie Oh the weather outside is frightful But the fire is so delightful And since we've no place to go Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow! It doesn't show signs of stopping And I've bought some corn for popping The lights are turned way down low Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!
nitengale
on 12/7/05 2:36 pm - Leesburg, VA
RNY on 09/14/04 with
Since all the matriarchs have passed on in my family... Christmas has become a very lonely holiday for me. But I try as best I can to keep the spirit and not be a scrooge... On the years that I do have a tree... a live one will only do!!! And to make sure it is fun, I put in my old I LOVE LUCY videos and watch/listen to those... especially VITAMEATAVEGIMEN... always makes me laff when decorating. As a kid it was always tradition to go out the week before and look at the houses decorated... that is still a tradition for me. I have driven hours to places that I have heard of... and still enjoy it every year. One year as a kid... I swear I heard Santa's bells on his sleigh fly overhead.... I can still hear those bells 41 years later!!! My mom's banana pudding (from scratch), baked ham and mashed potatoes, mac and cheese... yumm yumm... of course these were all pre-op Wanda
Dea J.
on 12/8/05 2:21 am - Huntsville, AL
Wanda, Thanks for sharing some great memories. I love driving around looking at the decorations and lights - I try to go to Nashville at least every other year and walk around the Opryland Hotel - it's awesome - I really hate they no longer have the dancing water show it was my favorite - lights - water dancing and Christmas music - it was AWESOME! - hugs - dea Hope you have a GREAT & Blessed Christmas!
nitengale
on 12/8/05 11:10 pm - Leesburg, VA
RNY on 09/14/04 with
I love going to the big places to see all the lights as well. Virginia Beach has an awesome display along the boardwalk. Its the only time of year that cars are allowed on the boardwalk... they give you a cassette tape of christmas music to play while driving thru the display... it is wonderful. I also love Cypress Gardens in Florida... that one is beyond amazing. I have wanted to see Nashville, and I want to do the Biltmore and Hershey Park...not sure what I'm gonna be able to fit in with these all too frequent snow storms we are getting now. Have a great holiday... Wanda
Most Active
Recent Topics
how much weight did you lose?
Jetta311 · 1 replies · 279 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 540 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 527 views
Back to Bariatric Basics
Allison L. · 0 replies · 3588 views