I'm Back... I have not logged on in years... Had RNY back in 2007

Jordan Buckner
on 9/30/15 12:36 pm - Brooklyn,, NY

Hello Everybody, Hope all is well and good? Times really does fly after weight loss surgery. I want to hear your stories and would like to share mine.

Thanks,

Jordan B.

Stephanie S.
on 10/2/15 7:58 pm - Chicago, IL
RNY on 10/14/09 with

Hi Jordan, had my RNY in 2009. Doing ok, fighting some regain. Will always be grateful for my surgery.

JA
on 10/6/15 5:32 am - East Haven, CT

Hi Jordan,

Welcome back. I have my laparscopic RNY in July of 2004 and have maintained my 100 lb WL. This is not an easy road to travel, but it's the best one I've ever been on and I'd do it again in a heart beat!

JA

Jordan Buckner
on 10/8/15 1:07 pm - Brooklyn,, NY

Thank You cause I feel the same way... Congrads on your weight loss

JA
on 10/22/15 10:49 am - East Haven, CT

Thank you!

pennydd
on 10/28/15 2:13 am

I had my surgery March 2008. I did really good, maintaining at my goal. In November of 2012 I started losing weight, feelin like I always wanted to sleep, bruising easily, well after much testing on 1/11/13 I was diagnosed with Chronic Myeloid Leukemia. What a shock!!! My appetite has changed & my tastes have changed too. I take a chemo pill every day, for the rest of my life. It sucks because I've put on 30lbs since my diagnosis. This makes me more depressed. I know it's because of the fatigue I don't do much, and I don't eat well either, I just eat what I can, grits, grilled cheese, for example. Anyway, that's my story, I hope to lose this extra weight. I haven't posted in so long because I've been dealing with leukemia.

feistyemm
on 11/2/15 5:48 am - Westchester, NY

Hey, Jordan

I had my RNY in April 2005. I've kept at around 145-150 down from 330. I've had some health issues, specifically anemia and gastric issues (gastroparesis, diverticulosis), so my food is very limited. I don't care very much. If a food hurts, I avoid it. I drink a lot of protein shakes to avoid trouble. But I'd do it all again in a heartbeat. I'm 61 and I don't know what the future will bring, but I've lived the last 10 years thin and I freaking love it. And there is not a day I'm not conscious of it. Anybody else that doesn't think it in a day? I can't imagine.

Hope YOU are doing well!

Emm

Marla a/k/a Feistyemm
Surgery Date: 4/21/2005; HW: 333/ SW: 271/ CW:133/ GOAL: 150 or UNDER

Highest BMI: 54.7; BMI Now: 22.6 -- Jeans before surgery: 32. Now: 6
PS: 2006/7 LBL, Bracheoplasty & Upper Thigh Lift. 8/2012: UBackLift & Breast Implants
(redone 3 times). 7/17/18: vertical thigh lift (needs to be redone - left too much skin) &
replacement of 1 breast implant due to rupture (still needs to be fixed due to placement).

Alba
on 11/4/15 9:12 pm - Renton, WA

I'm 4 years out, and still learning how not to use food when I'm sad, happy, stressed, bored, etc. Recently gained 20 plus. Need to knuckl down and get the lead, ... er, ... fat out.

Alba Tross
         "Fake it til you make it."

Most Active
Recent Topics