RNY 2003/revised 2013; anyone else?

Tracy Ta Da
on 1/3/14 12:29 am - Hurst, TX

Anyone have RNY around that long ago, then have it revised recently!? I would love to speak more to you about your experiences thus far. 

Thanks!

Tracy
Start 336
Surgery Dec 2003

Gained back up to 277.  Revision planned to resolve jejunum diverticulitis. Post revision completed 12/2013

boomboomnj30
on 1/5/14 12:54 am
Hi Tracy. I am having the revision on the 13th. I am on the 3rd day of my pre-op liquid diet. Gotta say this is hard but its gotta be done. By the way im having the revision because my stoma is wide open n I have gained back 40-50lbs of 150lbs I lost since my surgery in '08. And I really don't wanna gain anymore especially since I have to have a knee replacement now.
Tracy Ta Da
on 1/5/14 1:14 am - Hurst, TX

Are you RNY? I assume yes. What procedure are you doing ? I had several done at once and I am sure they narrowed my stoma. #1 cause of that? Drinking when eating. :-(

Thanks!

Tracy
Start 336
Surgery Dec 2003

Gained back up to 277.  Revision planned to resolve jejunum diverticulitis. Post revision completed 12/2013

boomboomnj30
on 1/5/14 2:14 am
Yes RNY. N I take it they are just revising the RNY! What did you have done exactly?
Karen L.
on 1/6/14 12:26 pm - Issaquah, WA

I had RNY on September 6, 2001.  I since gained back all of the 80 pounds that I lost.

I started working on getting a revision on September 18th or 2013.  So far, I have lost 45 pounds and I'm down to 270 pounds.  When the results from my endoscopy came back and I found out that I had NOT stretched my pouch, I was very happy.  It meant that I hadn't screwed up my RNY.

My revision surgery is scheduled for 1/13/2014.  For the last two weeks, I have been following my docs recommendations to eat less than 20g carbs per day in order to reduce the size of my liver.

I'm actually looking forward to protein shakes as a change from all meat, all the time.

I am very happy.  But still major surgery is major surgery.  The revision will be to a DS.  I will get more details when I talk to the surgeon tomorrow.

Karen

Most Active
Recent Topics