Need Help

amytang81
on 12/27/16 10:06 am
VSG on 07/28/10 with

Hello All!!

It has been some time since my last post. Probably 2 years. Anyways, I have picked up bad habits and havent been able to stop them. I had my sleeve done in 2010. Lost 100 pounds but yoyo about 40 pounds. I am up 40 pounds now. I recently graduated college and have a new job. Once I graduated Ideveloped severe GERD. So bad that I keep malanta with me so I can drink it if it gets too bad. I just scheduled a followup with my weight loss doctor for a follow up become this heartburn is getting out of hand. 

I guess what my point of this post is......I need help getting back on track. Any idea would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks guys!!

Stacy_WLS
on 12/27/16 10:33 am

Many of us have similar stories.  I'd recommend going back to just protein and veggies.  So much easier said than done, but the junk needs to go.  

Good Luck!

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

amytang81
on 12/27/16 6:27 pm
VSG on 07/28/10 with

Thanks! I requested you on myfitnesspal by the way. :)

Mary Gee
on 12/27/16 6:46 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Scheduling an appointment with your surgeon can help you out... not just with the Gerd, but also to review your situation.  I just saw my surgeon a few weeks to help myself get back on track.  Also saw the Weight Center's psychologist....she can see patients quarterly, but she referred me to another psychologist that that I'll be able to see regularly.  I've also scheduled an appointment with the nutritionist, and have returned to the hospital's monthly post-op meetings.

I've been struggling for a while, but I am determined to get down to my goal.  Never give up!

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

amytang81
on 12/27/16 6:54 pm
VSG on 07/28/10 with

Thank you. Yes the lady I see is at the surgeons office. I have a long list of things to discuss.  Earlier this year we had discussed possible revision but I think I need to get back on track and see how this goes otherwise the revision will not do anything for me. You are right never give up!! 

~~~Amy~~~        
happyteacher
on 12/27/16 8:03 pm

Not saying this is the case with you... A couple of years after surgery I also started having GERD return with a vengeance. it also resulted in weight gain. (I had been 15 under goal, and I went up to 5 or so over goal.) Anyway, I was having other issues as well and went in to the gastro doc. It turned out I needed my gallbladder removed and that I had a very large hiatel hernia. The Gerd was the hernia. It was repaired when the gallbladder came out, the acid dropped significantly, and I am back down to 15 under goal. Might be worth getting checked out.

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

amytang81
on 12/27/16 9:03 pm
VSG on 07/28/10 with

I have a feeling that is the case with me. Some days I have such severe pain that last 10 minutes that makes me think I need to go to the ER. Definitely will be getting it checked out on the 19th. I do have a hiatel hernia but 2 years ago it was a small one. Thanks for your feedback.

neatodeano
on 12/28/16 11:36 am

I don't have GERD but I have had problems with weight going up and down (25 - 35 pounds).  I'm 2 years post sleeve.  I just got diagnosed with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.  Most likely due to the quick weigh loss.  My doctor put me on a strict low carb diet to try to help the liver.  I'm down almost 40 pounds in about 6 months since I started and it really hasn't been hard at all.  And, I just feel better in general. It's been kind of fun because I'm not limiting calories at all.  Just WHAT I eat.  Of course, I small portions because of the sleeve. But, I never tell myself I can't have a snack.  I just go grab a beef stick, cheese stick or a hand full of nuts.  I definitely feel back on track! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 265 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views