Finally

sanjali23
on 2/20/16 4:35 am - Orlando, FL
VSG on 02/12/14

Ok, so I've been stuck between 195 and 200 for months now (coming down from 314****il I started to believe that that number was probably where my journey would end. It was a little discouraging but better than 314 right? Well I did some research and started adding back some healthy carbs to my diet (sorry guys still no rice, bread, pasta, or white potatoes). I started eating things like butternut squash and sweet potatoes without the skin and no salt or butter (no more than 100g per sitting) and adding a fruit as a snack throughout the day and what do you know I finally broke in the 180s. I've never seen this number in my entire adult life ever because I broke 250 as a teenager and kept going to the 300s as an adult. I'm guessing only you guys would understand how ecstatic I feel right now.

Success is getting what you want, happiness is wanting what you get. ”

— Dave Gardner

ejirish
on 2/20/16 5:36 am

CONGRATS!! You must feel amazing and so proud of yourself!! Who knew a "good carb" could actually be helpful!! 

sanjali23
on 2/20/16 7:57 am - Orlando, FL
VSG on 02/12/14

Right, I've labeled it the devil for so long but I'm still not eating the refined ones...guessing that's a recipe for disaster

— Dave Gardner

(deactivated member)
on 2/20/16 2:12 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

Congratulations! That's amazing! all carbs are not bad which you have discovered. :)

psychoticparrot
on 2/20/16 4:39 pm

I know some will disagree with me, but I think small amounts of healthy vegetables and fruits (if you can tolerate the sugar) are important for good health. As long as the protein gets eaten first, that is!

psychoticparrot (also a lover of the unadorned sweet potato)

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

sanjali23
on 3/3/16 5:17 am - Orlando, FL
VSG on 02/12/14

You're so right Psychoticparrot. I even started adding fruit very cautiously though because I'm really afraid of getting carried away and the weight is still steadily moving in the right direction. I'm pretty vigilant sometimes to the point of obsessive but it keeps me on track

— Dave Gardner

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 444 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 464 views