Not sure if its VSG related (was in the ER Monday due to what was almost like gallstone...

rissa1224
on 2/4/16 5:38 am, edited 2/4/16 5:41 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

So Monday I woke up with some 'gas pain' in my chest. I took a tums and sipped water. Normally, it helps me burp and it goes away. Well not that day. I vomited the tums and water and immediately had what felt like a Gallbladder attack (when you have gallstones) except I had my gallbladder removed in 2013. It was horrid. I then had a 2nd attack, which was worse. By the third one (in a matter of 10 minutes) I was rushed to the ER.

I hadn't eaten a late dinner. I had 1/2 a burger (no bun) some veggies for a super late lunch, cole slaw, and a few bites of a pickle. No food came up. So I was in the ER with that, they shot me with some valium to make the spasms stop. They diagnosed me with GERD (since the CT scan came clean, they said my surgeries healed nicely - VSG , gallbladder, appendectomy) and I should see a gastro.

Has anyone experienced this? I have had what I call 'gas pain attacks' randomly, a few times. Mostly I have them after a surgery, like my appendectomy or my arm lift that I had in December 2014. I just don't get it! I have an apt with a gastro next week. But the doctor at the ER said that it wasn't normal to have those 'attacks' happen that much in a period of time - and non stop.  After I was discharged and sent home - 3 of the 4 people in my house including me, wound up having that awful stomach bug that's going around my area. Not sure if it was related or not. Stumped.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 2/5/16 9:38 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

No advice, but it was probably a bad burger/stomach bug?  The fact that you mentioned other people in your house coming down with the same thing leads me to believe this. Hope you feel better & everything goes well at your Dr appointment. 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

happyteacher
on 2/5/16 5:00 pm

I had a very large hiatel hernia- most of the stomach was up in the chest- Similar symptoms. An endoscopy missed it- the CT caught it and confirmed with an upper gi.

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!