Help! Nauseous after protein drinks.

cbrr65
on 1/28/16 9:48 am
VSG on 11/17/15

I was the same way. Couldn't stand the sweet taste of protein shakes. All I wanted was savory things. I would buy the pre-mixed Premier Protein shakes, hold my nose and drink them down. I only had to drink 11oz to get 30gr protein down. I did that once a day. I also found a product  'Now Gelatin Powder' on Amazon. It has 9 grams of protein and you can add it to broth without changing the taste. Great Stuff! I also add it to hot cocoa in the morning and don't even notice any taste. I tried the unflavored protein powders but they all tasted bitter to me. Good luck!

emelar
on 1/28/16 9:48 am - TX

Add water to the protein drinks to thin them out.  They may be too heavy for your stomach.  And try different temperatures.  The Premier drinks heat up well and taste better (IMO) hot than cold.  Worry more about your liquids than protein at this point. 

Karen D.
on 1/28/16 10:40 am - NY
Revision on 11/24/15

Same thing happened to me.  I tried vegetable based protein but I couldn't stand the taste (tasted like grass).  I finally found rice protein powder (Growing Naturals) brand.  It doesn't upset my stomach (made with almond milk) anymore.  I was just like you...the ache in my stomach made it so I didn't want to drink anything more.  It has 24gms protein per serving also.

I ordered it from Netrition.com  

Good luck!

shery11ynn
on 1/28/16 1:07 pm

Those nasty sweet shakes did the same thing to me - I can't imagine ever drinking one of them again, yuck! 

I ordered Syntrax Nectar protein power, and I'll never look back. I just mix with about 16 oz of water, and drink it out of a travel mug so I can't smell the whey. 23 grams of protein in each scoop, and it's like drinking juice! I've tried roadside lemonade, fuzzy navel, red grapefruit, and green apple. Love them all!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 397 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 426 views