NSV - shopping in my closet!

yesican2
on 1/6/16 12:01 pm

I'm 4 weeks out from VSG and have lost 25 pounds. 

I am about 5 pounds under the lowest weight I have been in 10 years.  This was right before I got pregnant in 2012 and at that time, I had two pairs of pants I loved loved loved.  Once I had my son I lost all the weight but my body had changed so much that I couldn't wear the majority of my clothes, including those pants.

Yesterday I was in his closet looking for something and found those pants.  One pair was 2x and one was 1x.  They both fit!  I was in 3x (26-28) size before surgery.

Its amazing to me that 25 pounds makes such a difference in how I look and feel.  I am grateful that I had the opportunity to have this surgery.  :)

Thanks for letting me share!

Becky

NoRegrets4Me
on 1/6/16 12:07 pm
VSG on 04/21/15

That's awesome!! It only gets more exciting. 

LINDA-U
on 1/6/16 12:30 pm

Congrats!  I am having my surgery 1/26!  How long were you off work?  I am praying a week is enough since I own a business.

yesican2
on 1/6/16 1:38 pm

Linda,  I was out for a week. I'm a claims adjuster for life insurance, so its just a regular office job.  A week was more than adequate for me and I have a toddler too.

LINDA-U
on 1/6/16 1:52 pm

Thanks for making me feel better; I own a Farmers Insurance office.  Keep in touch! 

Tink3125
on 1/6/16 12:55 pm
VSG on 12/01/15

I did this recently and got rid of 6 bags of clothes. I did keep one pair of my largest pants so I could have for a reference to where I started. I feels good to see the difference in our clothes!

Tink

suzyq584
on 1/6/16 1:26 pm

I just did this last night too!  I got rid of more than 1/2 my closet I'd bet which is great but now I have nothing to wear!  So....during lunch today I hit my local Goodwill and picked up a few cute items.

Also, a few years ago when I was trying to follow eDiets, a nice lady offered to send me a BUNCH of size 16, 18, XL and XXL clothes.  I had forgotten all about this box in the garage because I never lost enough weight to bother with them.  I went through the box last night and found a BUNCH of work pants and other items.  I am wearing a pair of the work pants today (size 18).  

I kept a pair of my jeans so I can have one of those pictures you always see of the person inside like one of the pant legs.  Heeheehee!!  I also have a pair of jeans that I can't wait to fit into.  Haven't been able to wear them for about 18 years.  They aren't in style anymore but being able to put them on they swiftly into the donation box will be nice!!  

At Goodwill today I also found a CUTE skirt that I fell in love with. I am no where NEAR getting into it but I bought it anyway so I can hang it somewhere as a visual reminder of a goal. While it isn't a "goal weight" sized skirt, I find it nice to have little mini goal clothes too!  I hope to fit into in this skirt in the next couple months. I think it was a size 13/14.  

Age: 42 | Height: 5'9 | Surgery Date: 10/08/15 | Starting Weight: 279.2 | Surgery Weight: 266 | Goal Weight:165 | Current Weight: 224.8 | WL so far: 54.4 lbs

SilverGirl2015
on 1/6/16 5:21 pm

I have a pair of size 6 guess jeans from about 25 years ago that I've kept all these years - a girl can dream ? Today I fit comfortably into size 14 pants - down from 18/20!! VERY EXCITING!

yesican2
on 1/6/16 1:40 pm

One of my friends also recently gave me two bags of clothes and I have yet to go through those. 

I'm excited for that day when I can go into a "regular" store, something I've never been able to do in my life!

tni524
on 1/6/16 1:51 pm

I was just about to post wait till you can't fit them anymore!  You have to start all over.   Several people have already said it though.  I finally got into several of my highschool pants about 6 months ago and I had to throw them out because I no longer can fit them now.  My little sister lost weight and gave me all of her too big pants size 12 and I can no longer wear those.  I started getting frustrated because buying clothes to no longer fit was upsetting but then I remembered this is my new normal until I've hit goal and the goodwill is my new bestie!

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 5 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 5 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 190 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 277 views