4 Week Surgiversary

suzyq584
on 11/5/15 9:27 am, edited 11/5/15 9:41 am

I'm not sure whether to call this my 4 week surgiversary or my 1 month surgiversary.  Either way, I'm considering it a milestone so I weighed "officially" today.  247.6

In 4 weeks I have lost 18.4 lbs which is an average of 4.6 lbs per week.  I can live with that. Why is it we always want more though?  I think that is in my mind because in the last week or so the scale has not moved much.  The back of my mind is saying I've failed and this surgery isn't going to work for me even though I know that isn't true!

Because I've noticed that the scale somewhat affecting my feeling of progress, I am giving it to my sister this weekend for safe keeping.  My next weigh-in will be in another 4 weeks.  I WILL NOT BECOME A SLAVE TO THAT DAMN SCALE AND LET IT BE THE ONLY MEASURE OF MY SUCCESS!!!!

There...I said it now I have to stick to it.

On another note, I upped my morning walks from 1 mile to 1.5 miles this morning.  Wasn't any more tired than I was at my 1 mile walk.  This evening I'm going to check out a "gym" (I don't want to call it that because it really isn't a gym but more of a cross training group program).  I look forward to incorporating some evening training classes into my exercise routine!  Can't believe I feel this strong after only 1 month.  Thank goodness I'm a quick healer!

Age: 42 | Height: 5'9 | Surgery Date: 10/08/15 | Starting Weight: 279.2 | Surgery Weight: 266 | Goal Weight:165 | Current Weight: 224.8 | WL so far: 54.4 lbs

GoBlueGirl1998
on 11/5/15 9:33 am - MI

Way to go Suzy!! You're doing great and you got this!! Keep it up! I can't wait to see your progress! 

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

VSG 10/24/14 with Dr. David Chengelis

Kahula
on 11/5/15 10:06 am

I know you can do it, even though I really don't know you. But, I want you to remember your walking a LOT. So your building muscle and that weights more than fat. So the scale don't "always" tell the story of your journey. If you eat right and exercise your body will be healthy and that's what we all want. 

I have faith in you and you should too. Your gonna get to 165. FYI You and I have the same ideal weight. :)

~Kahula

Tracy D.
on 11/5/15 10:08 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Good job on kicking that scale to the curb!  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Kahula
on 11/5/15 10:09 am

I know you can do this. Your right don't look at the scale. Just wake up everyday and do what you know is right. Your body will react. Plus You've been walking a lot and muscle weights more than fat. 

You and I have the same ideal weight. 

I am cheering for you.

~Kahula

thallnc
on 11/5/15 11:23 am - NC
VSG on 02/18/15

Keep up the awesome work!!! You will be how much your body changes over the next months. You have got this!!!

Height: 5'5" HW: 278.2; SW: 268.2; CW: 175.6

SilverGirl2015
on 11/5/15 4:58 pm

You are doing great Suzy!!  Try not to obsess about the scale.   I'm 3 months out, and really feel  like the numbers on the scale should be going down faster, but whatever!! They are going down, and I've already done my first closet purge!!  Out with the old!  Your story sounds so much like mine, with the doubts and scale hatred.  Keep up the good work - it does work.  

psychoticparrot
on 11/5/15 5:35 pm

The tortoise and the hare, suzy. The tortoise and the hare. There's a reason that fable endures.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Most Active