gallbladder? ??

lessofme123
on 8/26/15 11:43 pm

I think I may have had a gallbladder attack yesterday. It came on suddenly and went away almost as suddenly after a few hours. It was intense pain in my upper abdomen that went through to my back. I felt bloated and nauseous. I was trying to drive home but the pain got so bad I pulled over and called my husband. He took me to the ER but by the time we got there I felt better so I didn't check in.

Does this sound like a gallbladder attack?  I thought I would make an appointment if it happens again. Should I go ahead and see my doctor before it happens again? 

Ahmadk
on 8/27/15 2:50 am

He will probibly ask you to make an ultrasound. You can make it without going to the doctor. In my country the one who make the unltrasound is doctor. He will tell you anything, and you will have a clear idea. 

ElizaM
on 8/27/15 4:27 am
VSG on 07/24/14

See your doctor. It's definitely the right place and symptoms. They'll do an ultrasound. Go to the appt fasting and they'll be able to do the ultrasound the same day if possible.

32F 5'8" High weight: 432 | Consult weight: 396 | Surgery weight: 335 | Current weight: 170

Valerie G.
on 8/27/15 4:33 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Absolutely see the doc - for this doesn't go away on its own and is way too common for post ops.

In the meantime, avoid all fat and caffeine, for they are triggers for attacks.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Tracy D.
on 8/27/15 12:15 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Definitely sounds like one.  You may want to make an appointment so they can check for gallstones.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

lessofme123
on 8/27/15 4:43 pm

I'm really hoping this was just an isolated event and won't happen again! I can't take off work right now to have my gallbladder removed!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 289 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 341 views