Anyone with gastric polyps?

yesican2
on 8/26/15 11:01 am

Had my EGD yesterday (OMG, the drugs are sooooo good!) and surgeon found a hernia, gastritis and a gastric polyp.  She was gone by the time I woke up, this was a nurse who told me this.  I know polyps usually aren't a big deal and have read that they can develop due to gastritis, but that they are rare, especially in younger people (I'm 41).  I was still a little fuzzy but I believe the nurse said it was removed during the EGD and will be biopsied and apparently I only had one.  I don't see the surgeon again until 09/30 and she didn't say she needed to see me before then, so I guess that's good?

Still cleared for the sleeve, so that was exciting, but I'm curious about this polyp. 

Becky

Ahmadk
on 8/26/15 12:35 pm

I hope you are good now. This is the first time i hear about it.

get well soon.

WillowBean
on 8/26/15 4:17 pm

During my sleeve the surgeon found multiple polyps in my stomach (I am 39).  He was able to remove them all when he did the sleeve.  The biopsy came back normal.   He told me that the polyps are rare but they are no need for concern.  He also corrected a hernia during my surgery.  I had no other issues and recovered well from the surgery.

Ready2goNOW
on 8/26/15 7:43 pm

Hi!

They found I had multiple polyps and a lot of inflammation during my scope a couple months ago. They biopsied them...no problem.

I am older (58) and I was told polyps usually develop as you age.

Anyhow, I was concerned b/c I have had precancerous polyps in my colon, but everything turned out okay. You'll be fine!

Kathy