Can't Stand the Taste and Texture of Bariatric Advantage Shakes

Neesie57
on 8/1/15 12:16 am
VSG on 08/04/15

I'll look into the Syntax Nectar powder.  It will be good to have around with soups and yogurt.

Michmanbigboy
on 7/31/15 4:46 pm - Whitmore Lake, MI

I do active liquid protein mixed with water it's been great for me. 

TimeForMe61
on 7/31/15 6:54 pm - Lancaster, PA
RNY on 01/22/15

I love the premier chocolate shakes. One of my other favorites is coffee (preop decaf, now at 6 months caffeinated) with a scoop of is pure vanilla protein powder mixed in. Let the coffee cool a bit so that the protein doesn't break down. It tastes as good as a vanilla latte to me! I have that for breakfast every morning, kickstarting my day with 25 grams of protein.

Neesie57
on 8/1/15 12:14 am
VSG on 08/04/15

It's too bad I don't like coffee, because that would be a great start to the day.

Oneillch
on 8/1/15 5:11 am
VSG on 02/04/15

If you don't like coffee, how about adding it to a sugar free hot chocolate to start the day and use an immersion blender to make it frothy.

sechax0r
on 8/3/15 7:24 am
VSG on 11/03/14

My doc told me to go to GNC and buy what I want, just make sure they are low in carbs (less than 10g per serving). Plenty of great flavors to try.

Bchica15
on 10/13/15 2:22 pm, edited 10/13/15 7:22 am
with

I am on bariatric advantage too and OMG they are GROSS! $300 bucks that stuff cost me I can not tolerate the orange cream, the banana I can drink about 1/2. The chocolate is the only one that is tolerable. The bars are horrible too. Overly sweet and cardboardish. I have been drinking premier protein too. I compared the labels and there is only a small difference. I have 7 more days... I can wait to toss the BA in the trash!

(deactivated member)
on 10/13/15 3:53 pm

My pre-op nutritionist gave me a list of suggested brands and some general guidelines for the protein/carb/calorie ratio they have to meet. I'd imagine your doc's office has some sort of deal with BA. I don't really like that, but whatever.

I think I've tried just about everything and the Premier Protein vanilla and chocolate are my favorites.

I remember when my wife did VSG a couple of years ago she got these protein "shot" things from Walmart in these little tubes. They tasted like someone melted down some tires and mixed it with sugar free syrup flavors (New Whey? I'm not sure, tbh.. Sometimes I bring them up just to see the awful look on her face, haha!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 446 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 466 views