Tired and joints sore

beelitehobbies
on 5/30/15 5:51 pm - Canada
VSG on 04/27/15

Been 5 weeks since vsg. No problems at all with surgery.

Tired more than normal the last week and joints are sore sometimes?

Diet has no changes and taking supplements as always.

have a huge amount of family street at the moment....one child! Can't do much about that.

Question

am I missing something?. Getting water down has been my challenge so far. Could it be the stress and water perhaps?

Guess only

see my Dr in 4 days anyhow. Want the groups opinion?

Thanks

Male 55, Initial weight 388#, and 6'1" / surgery weight 360#/Current Weight is 296#

Kellyrob
on 5/30/15 6:45 pm
VSG on 04/20/15

Not sure but I was just saying today my hip bones and my muscles are sore. My bottom gets especially sore if I sit for any length of time. My friend had this surgery 2yrs ago and she said she felt the same way.

Dan1962
on 5/31/15 5:59 am - Syracuse, NY
VSG on 09/23/14

When  I was losing a ton of when rapidly, I had many aches and pains.  I was walking a lot and my bottom bothered me and my hips. My dr told me it was because I was not losing uniformly so there were pressures on my nerves but they would go away with more loss.  He was correct, the only thing that bothers me know is my hips occasionally, but usually only while I'm in bed.

Good luck. 

beelitehobbies
on 5/31/15 7:19 am - Canada
VSG on 04/27/15

Interesting replies. Not what I expected. thought I was alone in this and its sounds more common?

thank guys

Male 55, Initial weight 388#, and 6'1" / surgery weight 360#/Current Weight is 296#

gwen41539
on 5/31/15 9:37 am - kimper, KY

Well I'm still post op but I have low Vitamin d3 and this is what happens to me everything hurt...I upped my d3 and some of it went away ask your Dr could be anything at this.point ....keep us posted hope you feel better

HW 381/ pre op 345 /SW 312 Vsg 7/13/15 /CW 288

M1-24 lbs

Valerie G.
on 5/31/15 4:45 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Dehydration comes hard and fast, and yes, it causes fatigue and achiness.  Also - you just had major surgery.  Don't push too hard too fast. 

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Tracy D.
on 6/1/15 6:33 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

You're going to be tired for awhile and the joints and bones are having to adjust as your weight redistributes across your frame.  Both my doctor and chiropractor said to expect these aches and pains.  

Chiropractic and massage actually help a lot as does regular exercise (nothing crazy!) and stretching.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 115 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 341 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 393 views