6 days out :-) after a 3 1/2 yr wait!

MyTurn2012
on 4/30/15 5:42 am - Canada
VSG on 04/24/15

I have slowly been gaining weight since I was in my late 20's, now six beautiful children later and finally some peace after ending  a abusive 20 yr marriage..it was time to finish my healing.

I have spent years working through all the emotional issues that led me down this unhealthy path...now the exterior/interior need fine tuning. I looked at weight loss surgery years ago but didn't have the funds being a single parent to two still at home, the youngest having multiple serious health problems. The catalyst to move forward was the death of a close friend..life is short..I needed to get going with actually living mine! The wait lists are lonnnng here in BC..but I forged forward learning as much as I could. Now finally the surgery date phone call came.. on April 1st..it felt surreal after such a long wait.  I immediately began the 3 week liquid pre op diet..and it was much easier than I thought.  Kept busy with all the preparations for success and getting the time off work...organizing my life and my child's life. I have been so blessed with amazing support!!! I was one of the lucky ones where no one questioned my decision of WLS.  I had so many offers of help..which for me has always been hard to accept as I'm the "strong one".  I learned to let go and just allow others to nurture me. It's now 6 days out from surgery, feeling better each day...and the scale is dropping already..I know there will be stalls and frustrations..but I'm being realistic. I'm not trying to reach a size 4..just want a healthy normal weight, to cure my apnea, to physically move better and get out and enjoy whatever life I have left!

Jamie L.
on 4/30/15 8:13 am - Grover Beach, CA
VSG on 06/02/14

Wow...I am so glad I did not have that long a wait to do my surgery, good for you for sticking it out.  It is great that the people around you are supporting you, that is very lucky. I was very careful who I told because I did not want anyone to be negative about it.

I also did not know where I would end up, I just wanted to get to my Weigh****chers Goal of 160 and be a "normal" size 10 (the smallest size I remember being since High School).  I am very lucky that I have not had much in the way of stalls and frustration. I am 11 months post-surgery and 8 pounds UNDER my goal (my doctor thinks I will lose another 12) and today I have on SIZE 4 pants.  You will be amazed at what the next year will bring you!!!! Enjoy the trip, I know I have.

VSG with Dr. David Thoman on 6/02/2014, Age 54, Height 5'7",  Highest Weight 280,  Pre-Surgery Weight 240, Current Weight 152.8 (4/20/2015)  Next Goal 140 | Total Weight Lost 87 lbs.

Nothing tastes as good as THIN feels!!!

Joanna B
on 4/30/15 8:52 am - MI
VSG on 03/12/15

That is a long wait!! You will do amazing though! Keep up the hard work =]

letsdance
on 4/30/15 11:18 am

I only wish you well in your new adventure and I hope it is extremely successful. Good luck with your new life. :)

psychoticparrot
on 4/30/15 11:32 am

Wow, I had to wait 6 months to meet insurance requirements, and I thought that was long. Sounds like your life is finally heading where you want to go. Good luck.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 80 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 293 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 344 views