Travelling for surgery, what did you bring??

LeAnn B.
on 4/21/15 8:33 am - OH

Hello Everyone!

So my surgery date was moved a few days to June 9, and that day is fats approaching!

I will be having my surgery with Dr Garcia at Tijuana Bariatrics and I am so excited and scared at the same time. I got my passport and just bought plane tickets (priiiicey!), and now I am gathering up some odds and ends.

My question to you is, what would you suggest that I bring along with me on the trip? I will be there from Monday to Friday, and I figure stretchy pants and some sudoku puzzles will be a must have! What was helpful to you? What were your "must haves"?

Again you all are amazing and I appreciate you being a part of this journey with me!!!

MochaJava_143
on 4/21/15 8:57 am
VSG on 03/02/15

How exciting for you! Must haves for me: CHAP STICK for sure--OMG. I brought flip flops (but I live in FL, so...lol), & hairbands help too. I think you'll probably do a lot of resting if on the pain meds, but if you don't need them, bring a lot of reading material or something that interests you to keep you busy. Just make sure you relax and recouperate :) GOOD LUCK!

LeAnn B.
on 4/21/15 9:06 am - OH

Thank you! And I think I will probably bring more chap stick than I know what to do with!!!!!!

ipray
on 4/21/15 9:51 am
VSG on 11/06/14

I brought anti-bacterial and face wipes.  They really came in handy when I needed to freshen up.  Good luck to you!

mickeymantle
on 4/21/15 10:20 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

scrubs work great , a loose bra comfortable shoes to walk in around town

ask your surgery coordinator  if they have a list of needs , passport, travel insurance might be a good idea

remember to fill your prescriptions before leaving Mexico there usually not good at home  

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

tstowe
on 4/21/15 1:48 pm

Bring as little as possible. I didn't read much of the book or magazines I brought.

You won't really need a lot of clothes... It's not like you'll be out sight-seeing.

You'll be wearing compression socks home so don't plan on wearing flip-flops.

more2adore
on 4/21/15 7:00 pm
VSG on 03/28/15

Someone here suggested Biotene Mouth Spray for dry mouth and it is the BEST thing I brought. There was a significant period post-surgery where I wasn't allowed liquids yet and ice chips didn't help much (when they finally brought them) - the mouth spray saved me. My mouth was so dry I couldn't talk! I'd never experienced dry mouth like that before. Crazy. 

VSG 3/28/2015 | HW 600+ | SW 488.2 | CW 398.4

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 88 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 303 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 349 views