20 pound weight gain

Gigi A.
on 4/8/15 12:48 am - Canute, OK

I so mad at myself, bc I've gained 20 pounds.   Not good...   Time to get this seriously under control. 

Gigi from Woodward        
Scott S.
on 4/8/15 1:33 am - TX

You took a big first step coming back to the site!  Take one day at a  time and just win the next meal.  Then win the day.  Pretty soon, you'll be piling up wins and headed in the right direction!

VSG: 8/8/13 

Gigi A.
on 4/8/15 2:24 am - Canute, OK

Thank for the words of in courgment.

Gigi from Woodward        
(deactivated member)
on 4/8/15 3:14 am

No reason to be mad at yourself. It happens and it happened to you. It happened to me. Weight is not just about what you put in your mouth. It's even more about the relationship you have built with food over a lifetime. For some of us that relationship is complex and not easily changed without conscious effort.

You made a great stride in coming here and admitting you have had regain. It's also clear that you are willing to regain control. I like to think instead of exerting control, that rather I am taking charge. You are in charge of your relationship with food. Look seriously at what may have led you to regain some weight. What changes can you make to help avoid that behavior in the future?

I'm a classic stress eater. I search for ways to alleviate stress without eating. Sometimes that is very hard for me, but I'm now very aware of the stress trigger and that has helped me a great deal to change the behavior. You have to know what it is before you can change it.

Best wishes!

Gigi A.
on 4/8/15 3:44 am - Canute, OK

Thank you. I'm in control and stress isn't.

Gigi from Woodward        
aharris30
on 4/8/15 3:50 am, edited 4/8/15 3:50 am
VSG on 05/13/14

Have you got back into any support groups? I know there is a support group in your area 4/14/15 through weight wise ;-) I'm from OKC so I know they offer support groups throughout the state. Nonetheless, your back on the forums and this place also provides plenty of support. Get back to the basics, protein 1st, drink your water, and keep your carbs really really low. Good luck!

Gigi A.
on 4/8/15 4:16 am - Canute, OK

Who did your surgery.  Dr Walton did mine.  I'm going to support on Tuesday in woodward.  Wish there was in elk city.

Gigi from Woodward        
aharris30
on 4/8/15 3:15 pm
VSG on 05/13/14

Dr. Broussard  did my surgery.

Gwen M.
on 4/8/15 10:59 am
VSG on 03/13/14

First, forgive yourself.  Second, work on getting back on track.  You can do it.  If you aren't tracking everything you put in your mouth with something like MyFitnessPal, start there.  From there, work on getting back to your basics.  Here are mine, yours might be slightly different.  

1. Prioritize protein and water
2. Deprioritize carbs, especially the refined and processed ones
3. Make the most of healthy fats
4. Eat three meals a day with no snacks
5. Avoid liquid calories (breakfast protein shake is the exception)
6. Weigh portions, log everything consumed
7. Eat mindfully and with no distractions aside from real live people
8. Move as much as possible
9. Weigh myself daily
10. Be kind to myself

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 136 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 395 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views