Almost 1 year post op

stacie914
on 11/30/14 10:23 am

I haven't been on here as much as when I first had the surgery and felt that I needed to read a few posts.  I love my sleeve. I went from 369 pounds to my current weight of 215.  I would like to be under 200 pounds and was hoping to reach that by my anniversary (12/18) but I am very happy with my progress.  There are days where I do not feel any different and then there are days were I can't believe how much I have lost.  I will deal with the excess skin any day but I do hate my arms (they look like bread dough).  I have found so much that I am able to do now for example:

Fit in an airplane seat

Jog a mile

Climb flights of stairs without almost passing out

Fit into stadium seats and not feel as if I am sharing my husband's seat too

Go to the mall and not have to shop in one specific store or worse yet only order online

These are just a few of the gains that I have made.  I am still scared to death that I will gain the weight back because I have yo-yoed all my life and I know that sleeve is just a tool and my mindset is the other part of the tool.  Christmas will be difficult because last year I did not eat anything between the pre-op diet and the surgery so the temptations are back in full force and I do find myself fighting the battle again but now I am able to taste and put down instead of eating the entire dozen of cookies or three pieces of cake.  I do wish I still had to restriction that I had post surgery but all good things must come to an end and now it is my turn to take over.  Thanks for listening I just thought I needed to get some things off my chest!

HW: 369.8  SW: 338.6

allyray
on 11/30/14 10:52 am

I love your post and especially your honesty! Thank you so much!  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 389 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views