Depression with weight loss & in general

csbsteph
on 10/10/14 11:40 pm - AL
VSG on 03/13/14

Hi,

Forgive me for posting something not completely about VSG though I and many others have and/or will experience hormonal highs and lows then hopeful mood stabilazation after surgery.  I take wellbutrin that was prescribed to me after having to have a hysterectomy due to some female problems; I've been taking it for about 4-5 years now as well as xanax on occasion-only as needed for a generalized anxiety disorder.  I try to always positive tweet but life is not always a bed of roses and sunshine even though I/we feel better after losing weight depression can creep in and "Depression is not a sign of weakness or a negative personality. It is a major public health problem and a treatable medical condition." (web md)  I just wanted to share this article, I am not a vet but do sometimes share articles & other tid bits of info that have been helpful to me.  I have a family history of depression; major depression for my grandmother, bipolar disorder in a close blood relative and non blood relative and also a close family member that once attempted suicide.  It's not anything to be ashamed of if you need help & have been feeling blue for any long period of time.  Just wanted to share this article and that our lives each day no matter what's going right or wrong - just being alive is a gift.  Have a wonderful weekend everyone.  Talk to someone if you're depressed & seek help from your Doctor.  http://www.webmd.com/depression/ss/slideshow-depression-over view

With God ALL things are possible! VSG 3/13/14 Dr. John Mathews

Stacy_WLS
on 10/11/14 12:33 am

Thanks for sharing this.  I have been battling depression for a few years.  It really sucks!  

I also try to stay positive, but sometimes the negativity wins out.  

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

diane S.
on 10/11/14 3:30 am

good post. an important topic that needs to be addressed.   diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Willie H.
on 10/11/14 10:06 am
VSG on 08/26/14

Thank you for your honesty and realism!

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"

CelticRavens
on 10/11/14 10:43 am
RNY on 12/19/16

Depression runs in my family also. I've been on Lexapro twice now. First time was about 13 years ago. I transferred to another state with my job & lost my insurance when 350+ of us were laid off with no warning. Came home from work to a voicemail telling me my services were no longer required. We'd only been here 5 months, my savings were depleted, so I struggled just to keep a roof over our heads while I searched for a job. New job didn't offer insurance so no Lexapro for me for years. I'm disabled now & qualify for Medicaid so my PCP followed rules & prescribed Citalopram (gen. Celexa) last Oct. It made me deathly ill. I couldn't continue so she fought to get Escitalopram (gen. Lexapro) approved for me. I've been fine ever since. My daughter calls it my Excalibur since I'm battling depression with it.

You never know what anyone is struggling with in their lives, adding shame to those struggles does no one good.

CJ 55 6'1 HW 415 SW 349 CW 263

Surgeon's goal - 245lbs My goal - 215 -195lbs

Luvmygs
on 10/11/14 11:00 am
VSG on 12/04/14

Thank you sharing. For the last 3 years have been dealing with a daughter who suffers from anxiety and depression. But she is doing so much better with some new meds and alot of therapy. You hang in there, life is good and you have so much going for yourself.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 68 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 253 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 321 views