Protein shakes and coffee.

esther
on 9/19/14 8:07 am - vallejo, CA

I was having problems with calories because I was putting creamer in my coffee.  I didn't want to use the protein because the heat would curdle it.  Someone at GNC suggested I use the total lean shake in my coffee.  She promised it wouldn't curdle.  She was right.  I use the vanilla in my coffee or tea and it tastes good and my appetite is curbed.

acbbrown
on 9/19/14 8:14 am - Granada Hills, CA

I order a double espresso and dump a protein shake (usually premier protein or muscle milk) into and then i dont need to add creamer.

I learned this from Ms. Shell but I even would mix protein powder into a little bit of milk so it would dissolve and then put it into my coffee. As long as you mix the powder with something cold before putting into your coffee, it should be fine.

I love Chike's protein iced coffee powder - two shots of espresso in it and no/very little sugar in it.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Valerie G.
on 9/19/14 8:59 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

If you make a slurry with the protein powder (mix a tiny amount of liquid with the powder) then mix into your coffee, the result is much more pleasant.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Stacy_WLS
on 9/19/14 9:37 am

I swear by chike -- check it out if you like iced coffee.  So good!

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

Calaska
on 9/19/14 3:14 pm - AK
VSG on 08/18/14

I make cold brew coffee (toddy). I add this concentrate to my chocolate premier protein shake in the morning. Yum!

~Jan

58 yo female, 5'9" HW: 297 SW: 285  Surgery W: 252. CW: 224.8 GW: 160        

If there is no struggle, there is no progress. ~ Frederick Douglass

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 80 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 295 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 344 views