Help.....Crunch Time

C J
on 8/18/14 9:05 am - , TN

I need advice. I am suppose to start pre op procedure tomorrow. I'm unsure bc I had a Lap band, and it was a horrible experience that ended w removal a hear and a half ago. I'm needing to hear from you guys....good , bad and ugly about VSG. I am a bit gun-shy after my band experience. Input please!!!! 

Living > Existing

256/231/135

2ndtimesacharm
on 8/18/14 9:26 am

I also had the lap band and after 3 years it had to be removed 

only the last year with my band was hard however it has taken me 2 years to decide to get the sleeve I'm going in Wednesday and I'm still nervous but I know it's the right choice I need my tool back to be successful 

Can't offer much right now in the good or bad but I'm looking forward to getting on with my journey and this forum has been very helpful to me because of the wonderful people on here and their words of wisdom I feel confident I'm making the right choice!! 

Good luck!! 

yvonnef1964
on 8/18/14 10:06 am
VSG on 08/11/14

The sleeve is a wonderful thing even though I'm only one week post op. I only had one bad day and that was the day I came home from the hospital. I was in alot of pain but mustered thru it. Otherwise it was good. You will have better results with the sleeve than the lap band. You will do fine.

greensleeved
on 8/18/14 10:10 am
VSG on 07/10/14 with

5 1/2 weeks out, down 40 lbs, no regrets. Surgery itself is horrible, but it's a distant memory now. You'll do great!

"Free your ass, and your mind will follow."  HW - 287, Start W - 273, Surgery W - 257, Onederland - 4 months 1 week post op,  100 lbs lost - 8 months 1 week, CW - 162

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 88 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 301 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 348 views