a little worried

mollz007
on 8/16/14 6:13 am
VSG on 02/20/14

Hey guys, do today I woke up feeling very strange.   My allergies were horrible Last night so I took 2 benedryl.  I hate taking benedryl because it makes me pass out,  but since I didn't have to be anywhere today  wasn't too worried.  Well today I woke up feeling really shakey and weak. I woke up at 12 so slept almost 12 hours. I'm really worried though, I might just need to sleep it off.  This happened to me once before a few months ago, also after I had taken benedryl,  so I wonder if that is the culprit.  Anyway last time it happened I went to see the school nurse where I worked and she said my BP was high which surprised me (this was in may, if it had been before February the high BP wouldn't have surprised me.) Anyway she just had me drink some milk and eat some carbs and I felt better.  I had hubby go get me a bagel with cream cheese.  Not the best choice,  but If I need carbs I think it may help.

check out my blog!

Stacy_WLS
on 8/16/14 6:19 am

I hope you feel better!

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

mollz007
on 8/16/14 6:47 am
VSG on 02/20/14

Thanks Stacy, I don't know what the issue is, but I'm hoping I will feel better after some rest.

check out my blog!

happyteacher
on 8/16/14 8:26 am

Did the carbs help? Hope you feel better!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

mollz007
on 8/16/14 8:33 am
VSG on 02/20/14

Thank you happyteacher. They did help for a bit, but now I am not feeling great again. Hubby and I were going to do date night tonight, but we may just stay in. I may just need lots of sleep, it was my first week back to school (as in work, my college classes start soon too) and it has been busy and messing with my sleep schedule so that may also be the culprit. No more benedryl for sure though, it has never had this much of an effect on me!

check out my blog!

weese
on 8/16/14 10:58 am
VSG on 02/26/14

Maybe try a non drowsy allergy pill next time. Claritin, zyrtec,allegra??? I wonder if u were also a little low on fluids as well since u slept so long.  Glad u feel better now!

Lisa

Surgery 2/26/14 with Dr. Stephen Marshall in Peoria, Il

mollz007
on 8/16/14 11:18 am
VSG on 02/20/14

The thing is, I take a sleeping pill and I don't like to take any other meds with it, so when I do have to take allergy meds at night I like to take one that will make me sleep and then just skip the sleeping pill if that makes sense. But I know that benedryl is not the only drowsy allergy med, we just always have it on hand because funny enough, my dog takes 3 a day for his allergies, lol. But you had a good idea too. I think that since it is allergy season I will just take a non drowsy one in the AM everyday. I bet you're right about the fluids too. I always keep water on my nightstand and take a big gulp if I happen to wake up. Myhubby and I did end up going out for Chinese and I feel a lot better now, I think I just really needed a good meal and we dont have much food here.

check out my blog!

mollz007
on 8/16/14 11:20 am
VSG on 02/20/14

And congrats on the weight loss! I donno when you reached 100 lbs but thats amazing! I'm right behind ya.

check out my blog!

MAchick
on 8/16/14 11:19 am
VSG on 01/27/14

Benadryl, or diphenhydramine, is an antihistamine with anticholinergic side effects,  which means it essentially "dries" up your system.  It can have a lot of different side effects, especially on blood pressure,  etc. Check with your doctor as they know best and can give you some more insight! 

mollz007
on 8/16/14 12:11 pm
VSG on 02/20/14

Thanks that is helpful to know!

check out my blog!

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 46 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 46 views
Expired Optifast Question