My first opportunity to get back on track

staceyp1105
on 7/20/14 1:03 am - Arvada, CO
VSG on 12/18/13

My surgery was in December 2013 and I am 3 lbs away from losing 100 lbs...approx 35 to 40 pounds from goal weight. I have done really well balancing temptations and incorporating some foods into diet very carefully and cautiously. I just returned from a week long vacation where I allowed myself some freedom. It wasn't mindless but my defenses were definitely down. Overall, it made more good choices than bad but I saw a glimpse into my old habits and I don't like it at all. I could see just how easy it would be to let that spiral into something damaging. The good news is I recognize the pattern. In the past, weight loss attempts have been sabotaged by these types of situations and I am determined to break this NOW. Here is my plan: 1. Get back to involvement in online support groups 2. Had husband remove (hide) scale. No good will come out of weighing right now. If I stayed the same ( or even lost), it will give me "permission" or " justification" to stray again. If I gained, I will be discouraged and beat myself up, fell guilty...and all those things that don't serve me well. 3. Protein and clear fluids only this week...just to get back to true hunger awareness 4. No weigh in until next Sunday - one week from today. Thanks for listening....just needed a place to be accountable and any suggestions or feedback anyone has would be welcomed.

Catwoman77
on 7/20/14 4:26 am
VSG on 05/12/14

No advice as I'm still a newbie at this, but just wanted to say great job recognizing where you got off track and making a plan to correct it.  Thanks for posting,  it's very helpful for those of us that aren't as far along in our journey! 

VSG with Dr. Michael Jiser, Lowell General Hospital

HW 281, GW 155, CW 149 5'11"

staceyp1105
on 7/20/14 4:45 am - Arvada, CO
VSG on 12/18/13

Thank you!

Hope your experience since surgery has been good!

angel720
on 7/20/14 7:00 am
VSG on 08/06/14

I am on pre op stage only but your strategy sounds right on the money.  Knowing true hunger, I like that concept.  I have heard  many times the not weighing daily  part and keeping  in touch with the community as being integral parts of success. All the best on your getting back on track. 

VSG with  Dr R. Wilhelmy @ Mexicali Bariatric Center

faylavi
on 7/20/14 7:46 am - Laurel, MD

I want to applaud you ability to recognize that you were straying.  I could not even while gaining 20 pounds.  Thankfully I am now losing again and headed in the right direction.

Kudos

Fay

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

46yrs old  5'4'' HW 306  AW  288  SW 276 CW 192  205                                                  Next goal <199     

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 285 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 336 views