what is hunger like after the sleeve?

TanyaR
on 7/16/14 12:58 pm

I've always been curious as to how I will feel. Hunger to me since I'm pre op is stomach noises followed by an empty hollow feeling then a bad headache, hope it gets better when I get my sleeve -_-. 

pineview01
on 7/16/14 1:04 pm - Davison, MI

That is still about what it is for me.  BUT, it only takes a little to satisfy me.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

mickeymantle
on 7/16/14 2:55 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

I have very little hunger , sometimes at meal time but a few bites and its gone

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

weese
on 7/16/14 9:20 pm
VSG on 02/26/14

I.don't really have hunger like pre-op. Sometimes I'm just weak and tired and it dawns on me that I need some protein. I'm pretty good when in my normal routine but w when on vacation I can miss a snack and don't notice until the weakness kicks in. Sometimes it is a growling stomach. but I can tell the stomach is much smaller, the growling is centered below the esophagus instead of over to the left side of my upper abdomen. I hope that makes sense....

Lisa

Surgery 2/26/14 with Dr. Stephen Marshall in Peoria, Il

happyteacher
on 7/16/14 10:41 pm

No hunger pains per se, and not enough hunger to trigger me to realize it is time to eat if I am distracted and busy. I was just telling my hubby yesterday how surprised I was given I am a couple of years out that despite only having 1.5 eggs and a protein shake at 7 pm I was not "hungry"- just aware that my blood sugar was dropping like a lead weight. If I do experience hunger in the more traditional sense it actually turns out to be acid... I take something for a few days and it rectifies it. One of the very cool side effects of surgery!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

civilmomma
on 7/17/14 12:23 am
VSG on 03/07/14

I used to get "crazy hungry" as I called it...rumbles, empty hollow feeling, sometimes a bit shakey - probably a blood sugar crash from that last batch of sugar/carbs I ate.  I was hungry A LOT and sometime not long after my last meal which was very frustrating.

Now, post op, I get a little hungry before snack and meal times (slight gurgle, empty feeling).  It is totally manageable and a lot of times is it just b/c I was thirsty too.  I've also only gotten that shaky feeling 2x since surgery - probably b/c my carbs/sugar levels are more even-keel now.  I am only supposed to eat 3x a day, and then milk can be used as a snack between.  I would say that now my hunger is appropriate and manageable.

I had no hunger at all the first 6w post-op, then it started to come back but in a very different form than before.

ticker5'-8",HW 347,SW329,M1-25 M2-17 M3-11 M4-13 M5-14 pregnant-->

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 86 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 298 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 346 views