update

motherof5
on 7/11/14 9:52 am

Hello All. I called my insurance today and they informed me that I was APPROVED  for the surgery! I have was approved for dates between August 15th thru November 15th. I am getting a little nervous now but it is expected.

I had a nice visit with my mother in law for a few days. She had the RNY in 2001 and she looks good. But what bothers me with her is the attitude. She has NO desire to eat right at all. The whole time she was here she ate nothing nutritional. She even went to sit in her car to snack on some chips and was caught red handed by my hubby. She called him the food police. She told me that she lost a whole person and she can eat what she wants. She is still considered overweight but does not care. It is sad that just by having the surgery is good enough for her. No exercise and no veggies. SMH.

I definitely have a different approach. Once I have this surgery I do not want this weight to come back on. I also want to get off these BP meds too. I just wanted to share.

Later losers

Monique

HW: 333  CW:286  GW:175

JUST STRIVING TO TAKE CONTROL!

Kelly Jean
on 7/11/14 10:45 am
VSG on 04/08/14

Wooooo hooooo congratulations Monique !!! 

Just keep your head in the game and keep making the good choices... your MIL is a grown woman and as much as you want to help her ... other then having a sit down with her or working with her there isn't much you can do!!! :-)

♡ Kelly

Gwen M.
on 7/11/14 11:36 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I agree with her accusation - she's an adult.  There's no reason to "catch her red handed."  She gets to make her own choices, even if they involve eating in her car and hiding her snacking.  Sure it sucks that she doesn't eat the way you think she should or reach a weight you think she should reach - but that's her business, not yours.  

You get to control your own journey and decide on your own goals.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

mollz007
on 7/11/14 12:35 pm
VSG on 02/20/14

Sounds like you have the right attitude. Shame that your MIL isn't using her tool wisely right now. 

check out my blog!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 276 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views