Tomorrow is my day!

NurseJackie
on 7/9/14 7:00 am
VSG on 07/10/14

I can't believe it is finally here.  My day is tomorrow.  My new life is beginning tomorrow!  I sit here and drink this disgusting Mg Citrate.  EWWWW  it is salty.  I am scared and happy and confused and sad and hungry.  

VSG on July 10th, 2014

Amber G.
on 7/9/14 7:04 am
VSG on 04/02/14

Big congrats on your surgery tomorrow! All those emotions are normal! I was a commmmplete wreck! But you are going to do just fine! Again, congrats on your new beginning!

tkktx
on 7/9/14 10:40 am
Good Luck!!! I just got my date today which is Aug 19th Does everyone have to drink that? How many days liquids before surgery? Thanks TK
Dreamingofbeaches
on 7/9/14 8:22 am
with

Congratulations!!  It is finally here!  Best wishes for a smooth surgery and speedy recovery. You will feel such relief when it is done tomorrow. Keep us updated!

-Jen

Consult weight 4/7/14: 381.5   SW 7/1/14:

LakeErieGirl
on 7/9/14 9:51 am, edited 7/9/14 9:52 am
VSG on 06/17/14

Best wishes! I hope you have a speedy recovery. You will soon be on the bench! 

Yes, that nasty drink is horrible!! It is so salty. I had to hold my nose and gulp it. My older boys were dying laughing. I almost spit it out because we were all stading around my sink giggling. I had to laugh because if I didn't I would have cried because it was so awful. I think it might have been the worst part of the entire experience! It worked, however and fast! Started at 6 and done by 9. Lol. 

You will do great! It's almost here. 

5'6" 44 yrs old Heighest Weight Ever - 295 (Pregnancy)

SW-270 lbs Pre-Op -242 lbs CW -224 lbs Goal Weight- 147lbs

heartOtexasgirl
on 7/9/14 1:05 pm

If you think the Mg Citrate is bad, wait until you drink the nasty stuff for the leak test!  OMG.....it was awful!  Poison pure poison!  That was the worst part for me. 

Best of luck!  You'll be up and walking the hospital halls before you know it!  

LatinCurves35
on 7/9/14 6:29 pm

Good Luck!! I got sleeved 2 weeks ago & was the best decision I ever made!!!, I'll give ya some tips:

Take pain med an hour before having to walk

Sleep in a recliner when you get home ( helps prevent unwanted pain)

My Isopure zero carb & vitamins (MVI Chewable the bariatric kind twice daily)were my best friends.   ( I never got weak or dizzy)

***I took Zofran Sublingual to help me for the nausea***

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 85 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 298 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 346 views