Been toooooo longggggg. . update and a few questions

rissa1224
on 7/7/14 11:09 pm - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

Update!

Life has been crazy in a good way. Just got back from a week in The Bahamas. LOVED IT. It was so different being 'thinner' traveling especially traveling tropical. Last tropical vacation I was at least 300lbs probably 320. This time? 185 baby! I have been at this horrible stall for about 3 months now. Maybe longer. I hate it. So after my trip - last week - I am back at it but even better!

Again just struggling in ways with questions like : how many calories do I eat? I know the main focus is protein and liquids which by the way yesterday I had over 80g of protein AND over 91oz liquids. AMAZEBALLS for me! I am going to keep this up daily now that I found what I can tolerate (tolerate by taste I mean) I am just unsure of how many calories. I am 19 months post. Also, how many carbs? My old NUT told me 40g or less, but this new NUT says 60ish? If my intake for liquids is well over 64oz and protein is over 80g, how many carbs really have to be counted? Obviously I wont go crazy, what's the point?!

MFP changed for me where I cant customize it to a T like I used to. Annoying.

Anywho: A little update on how amazing things have been since surgery - progress wise: Starting weight since surgery: 307 Current weight: 183 Loss: -124lbs  (since before surgery my highest weight until now is -143lbs) Pants size: 26 to a loose 12/14 depending on the brand/store. shirt: 24/26 or 3XL to large/medium again depending on the brand/store. Shoe size 10/11 to 8/9. Ring size for my ring finger (I like jewelry so I wear a lot on my right hand - not engaged/married) from size 9 to a loose 7.

Starting to pinterest new recipes again. I slacked as we all may from time to time - but didn't slack too much. Except I was having soda OMG I never thought that day would come where I would order a soda and sip a few sips. Well NO MORE now. I like the challenge of still living at home and still having that junk food around for others in the house. Its a test on how I can control myself. Have I slipped? Absolutely. I would have a small bag of sunchips or some crackers filled with cheese. But hardly ever. I just want to REALLY focus on home cooked food. Not just frozen like Adkins even though its decent in protein and carbs, I prefer home cooked since I prepare it myself from scratch and its not processed adding other toxins in my body. Good thing I put myself on a financial budget so I cant go out to eat as often - even thought it wasn't 'often' anyway. But now its a better excuse. Even in the Bahamas at the buffett I would have a fresh omelet small or a salad bar with  cheeses and meats/chicken. I make good choices,  but now I want to make sure the choices are even better.

Just had to share, and ask some questions.

Peace, love, and healthy living!

Kelly Jean
on 7/7/14 11:19 pm
VSG on 04/08/14

Sounds to me like you have this all figured out!!!! ..

I bet you had a blast in the Bahamas as the new improved you... we go every year and I go again in aug I can't wait I'm  so excited ... I'll for the first time since giving birth to my kids 25 yrs ago be able to wear a bikini ..wooot wooot .. I wear them in my yard now... and i figure in the Bahamas I'll never see those people again so who cares lmao... 

Best of luck with your going back at it ... you got this!!! :-)

♡ Kelly

Lemily
on 7/8/14 4:35 am
VSG on 01/16/14

MOre power to you. My husband wants me to wear one and im like heck no! I never wore one before. I need to get this flab away and then maybe try it! I weighed in this morning at 175.5 - my lowest since high school almost 20 years ago. For the first time last night, I actually incorporated jogging. I went to jog to cross the street on my walk and just kept going LOL. IM hoping the eccelerated heart rate will help fight the flab LOL.

Sorry to digress..just super excited for you for your trip and new bathing suit choice LOL - if that makes sense.

Gwen M.
on 7/7/14 11:57 pm, edited 7/8/14 12:01 am
VSG on 03/13/14

My NUT just gave me a protein goal and a volume goal.  Well, and I'm only allowed 3 meals with no snacks.  So far it's working, but I might need to reevaluate once I get closer to my goal.  

You've had super awesome success!  You've really rocked your sleeve which is awesome.  

One of the things I like now is that when I do slip, it's on such a smaller scale than when I slipped before.  And, really, slipping before was just "normal eating."  But now slipping is 4 crackers instead of a box a day.  Or one amazing cookie spread out over the course of a week instead of a box of crappy grocery store cookies spread out over the course of a few days :P  

But there's always room for improvement :)

(Ugh, I used awesome a lot.)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Tracy D.
on 7/8/14 12:25 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Sounds like you came back from the Bahamas with a whole new attitude!   

As for the carbs, when I was in weight loss mode I was always getting 80-90 grams of protein a day, drinking 10 oz. of water a day and still managed to keep my carbs to 40 or less.  If you want to continue to lose I encourage you to do the same.  Now, if it gets to be too much of a mental struggle and you need some fruit then do 50-60 but know it will probably slow your losing down a bit.  Some people are OK with that.  

It's YOUR journey...YOU get to choose! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

jameas
on 7/8/14 12:58 am

I am there where you explain, I need a blood test I think my thyroid is sluggish, I am a stalling 1 # a month since Jan. it is no fun I have upped by exercise that has helped and I might need to STOP snacks but yes slowed down I will watch your posts I need to change it up so easy to get lazy with my food AEG! Boring and no energy to make it something else????? I will let you know about thyroid. Onward forward!

denisedufrene
on 7/8/14 3:12 pm - Oak Hills, CA
VSG on 04/04/13

I am so where you are now...I am 15 months post op and I for the life of me cant get this last 20/25 lbs. gone I have been stuck at 181 for 3 months...I feel good at 181 but my goal was 150/155 and I want to get there I dont what to give up now but it is getting very hard...I call this the hard lard and it just doesnt want to leave my body...I have lost 106 lbs. but I had a set back I had to buy a new scale which made me mad because it weighed me 7 lbs. heavier than the scale I started with at the beginning...but anyway my sizes are very similar to yours so I know where you are coming from...right now I am trying to keep my carbs at 30 and thats getting pretty hard...water intake 100 oz a day protein at 80/90 grams and my calories at 800...and I am starting this week to go to the gym 3 times a week and of course TRACK TRACK TRACK everything you eat....and I have been doing this now for about 2 months...This is by far harder than at the beginning including the surgery part...

HW: 287     SW:  285     CW:  176     GW:  150

rissa1224
on 7/8/14 10:08 pm - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

We are totally in the same boat. I did lose 1lb since the weekend which is great, but still. I got down to 181 and gained back a few and stayed that way for a while. I had a little over 83g of protein yesterday and 92oz of liquids. Calories were under 800. We shall see what happens. I had a scale issue too! I changed the batteries in the one I used since surgery and it was fine until my dad decided he wanted to attempt his dumb adkins diet and took the scale and he said 'it broke' so he changed the battery. well he broke it and now the new scale just isn't the same! I am tracking everything I prepare in the morning so I know where I stand through the day and whatever I don't wind up eating I take it off the tracking list. This IS TOTALLY harder than the surgery part! UGH lol

denisedufrene
on 7/14/14 7:26 am - Oak Hills, CA
VSG on 04/04/13

I think the scale issue I had totally bummed me out too...lol I am doing the same as you but I am still stuck have been for months it seems like...made an appointment with my dr. to see whats going on...was 181 this morning..

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 317 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views