9 pounds...

mollz007
on 7/5/14 3:22 am
VSG on 02/20/14

... until onederland!  Today I weighed in at 209 pounds! I can honestly say the last time I was at this weight was before college and the freshman 15 that led to the sophomore 20 and newly we'd nine and so on...lol. I can't believe I've come this far in under 5 months! Sometimes I feel like I don't deserve it because I haven't been working nearly as hard as some on this board. .. honestly I don't get as much exercise as I should.  I know as I get closer to goal I'll have to step it up a bit, but for now what I have been doing is working just fine. I'm starting to get burnt out on protein shakes so I've been trying to find new ways to get in my protein from food. I know that I will probably not be able to totally give up the shakes..at least for now. And I do eat carbs...but I am smart about it and make sure I still have room for protein.  Lately I've been trying to get more fiber in my diet in an effort to become more regular if you know what I mean...lol. sorry if that is tmi. Thanks everyone for your support! 

check out my blog!

Gwen M.
on 7/5/14 3:26 am
VSG on 03/13/14

That's fantastic!  I remember I weighed 180 when I graduated high school... and 250 five years later :P  Not sure what exactly went on in the intervening years.  

You have been rocking your sleeve and deserve every pound!  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Amber G.
on 7/5/14 5:36 am
VSG on 04/02/14

SO awesome!! I stepped in the scale today and it said 212.5, and I thought the same thing! I am sooooo close! We will both be there soon, and I CAN'T wait Congrats!!

mollz007
on 7/5/14 10:17 am
VSG on 02/20/14

Thanks Gwen and Amber and congrats to you girls too! It is surreal to me how close I am to being under 200 lbs.... I feel like I haven't worked hard enough for it...lol. I keep worrying that this is too good to be true and soon enough I will screw it up. I know thats a terrible attitude to have... but I think that all of us go to that dark place in our minds from time to time... after all, many of us have failed countless diets! I guess I keep thinking this will be one of those!

check out my blog!

(deactivated member)
on 7/5/14 3:05 pm - Canada

Hemp hearts are my super food for adding protein to my diet and the fiber/good oils content that keep me regular.  I eat at least a tablespoon each day and since I've started I have not had a problem with constipation unless I've gone without for a few days (made the mistake of assuming I could buy it where I was travelling to).  I just mix it into my morning greek yogurt.  Yummy nutty flavour :)

mollz007
on 7/5/14 3:21 pm
VSG on 02/20/14

Thanks for the tip...I will have to check it out!

check out my blog!

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 47 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 47 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 203 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 287 views