Having trouble with sodium 1yr out...NOT SODIUM LEVELS...HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP!

atia
on 5/9/14 2:53 pm - parma, OH
VSG on 04/10/13

Hi there,

Hit my 1yr out no problem at 173lbs...13lbs from my goal.  Following week was at 171...awsesome!  Hmm then im up to 173 again and thought my body was getting ready to hold onto the weight.  Few days later up to 175.  I noticed my rings were way tight upon waking up.  I called my RD who told me to check how much sodium id been getting on mfp and start drinking lemon water.  Drank 40oz lemon water/40oz Dt Snapple.  Weighed the next morn and still at 175.  So, I did my bm regiment, still drinking lemon water and will see tomorrow.  Im a weekly weigher but if there is a problem, I want to know early,

The problem im having now is keeping my sodium low.  I don't add sodium but noticed some of the proteins Im eating have a lot in them.  Even my protein shake, I switched to Premier, has 360mg.  I usually cook everything but sometimes faux crab meat or such goes in with a tbsp. of cabbage salad and that adds another ton of salt. 

My RD says it may have to do with being a lower wt and my body not needing or handling it.  OMG im so lost.

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!

tia

katier825
on 5/9/14 7:52 pm

I seem to be very sensitive to sodium myself.  Not all protein has that much.  Check out some other brands.  Syntrax Nectar has 160mg and tastes good.  It is also Lactose free, which is a plus for me.

deniseselah
on 5/13/14 11:57 pm - Kansas City, MO
VSG on 05/06/14

Sorry to hear - I wish I had some ideas ... sounds like you are doing the right thing increasing your water intake ...

What shall I return to the Lord for all his bounty to me? 

I will lift up the cup of salvation and call on the name of the Lord,  I will pay my vows to the Lord in the presence of all his people. Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his faithful ones.  

O Lord, I am your servant; I am your servant, the child of your serving girl. You have loosed my bonds. -- Psalm 116:12-16

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 389 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views