Sleeve to Bypass Revision?

D. Switcher
on 5/5/14 8:53 pm

Can anyone please discuss this experience?

Sleeve to DS Conversion - Regain 290# Current weight: 252# - VSG lowest weight: 235#  

"Serenity to Accept, Courage to Change, and Wisdom to Know..."

***all comments are my personal experience and/ or opinion***

happyteacher
on 5/6/14 1:35 am

Kevin H. is being revised tomorrow.  He may be able to offer some insight.  

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

(deactivated member)
on 5/6/14 2:30 am

Have you thought about getting a DS? You already have the sleeve part of it, so that might be the way to go. DS surgeons are harder to find, but you could visit the DS board and post there.

Frankly, that is the way I would go, if I needed a revision. Not sure why you are needing a revision, but if it's for GERD maybe DS isn't the best choice. I don't know.

I know Pura Vida has recently had to revise to an RNY. You could check out her recent posts.

Diana M.
on 5/6/14 7:29 am - TX
VSG on 07/12/12

I had to have a revision from VSG to RNY.  I'd be curious to know why you're exploring the idea.  Is it because you feel like the sleeve didn't work?  Or is there a medical reason?  Honestly, my response would be quite different based on the answer to those questions.  I'm happy to describe my experience, and did in a recent post.  Are yu willing to post more about why you're asking?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 288 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 340 views