Stalls, all the TIME!!!!

lmcintyre85
on 4/16/14 7:13 am
VSG on 01/15/14

I am 3 months post op and have lost exactly 40lbs which I am excited about although I wi**** was a little more. But I often have stalls like every other week and I don’t understand why. It’s driving me crazy, so  I had rid of the scale but really need advice or positive thoughts. I go to the gym every single morning mon-fri and I get my daily water of at least 80oz but normally anywhere from 95oz to over 100oz and also eat 80g of protein everyday. I am so strict with my diet and what I consume and I just don’t get all the frequent stalls. Feeling discouraged and down

MAchick
on 4/16/14 7:33 am
VSG on 01/27/14

It's probably not a stall and more your body's own pattern of weight loss. Stalls are usually several weeks long here the scale doesn't budge. You're probably losing inches though. I won't lose for about a week or more, and then it drops down 1.5 lbs, and then a day or so later, another 1.5-2 lbs. It's  just my normal pattern of loss, like stairs.

gabby169kitty
on 4/16/14 8:00 am

Keep track of your measurements. It could be that you're gaining muscle, which will help you lose more weight in the long run. One pound of muscle takes up a lot less room than a pound of fat. I know there are calculators somewhere on the internet that can estimate your body fat based on your weight and measurements. Smaller measurements but no weight loss means you're losing body fat and building muscle!! 

Surgery will be hopefully in October or November 2014, with Dr. Megan Gilmore

luvmypuggies
on 4/16/14 8:08 am

I don't have a magic solution to this, but maybe it will help to know you are not alone. :)  I'm also three months post op and have only lost 30 since then, despite following the rules as you are, so I feel your pain.  The stair-step pattern of losing is exactly what I see, but as long as the trend remains downward I'm trying to be happy about it rather than bummed about the slow pace. If you average it out over the weeks or months, the numbers still look pretty darn good!

LosingSarah
on 4/16/14 12:30 pm - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

My pattern of loss is similar and the days where the scale doesn't move has been slowly increasing as I get further out. I get it. It bugged me at first, too, but mine had been like this since about 2-3 months out and it's just the way I lose weight.

For me, anyway, I wasn't losing this well pre-op, so I am very happy with any loss I have. Stop comparing your progress with others. You'll drive yourself crazy. There are a million factors that determine how one loses. 

You're doing great!

Tracy D.
on 4/16/14 11:47 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Sounds like you're a typical stair-step loser:  maintain for awhile, then drop, maintain for awhile, then drop.  There's lots of those on here.  

These are not stalls...this is how your body loses.  Learn to embrace it or you'll drive yourself crazy 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 304 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 350 views