A "B+" workout

michael "I didn't do
it!" w

on 4/6/14 11:23 pm - Festus, MO
VSG on 12/18/13

I’m giving today’s workout a B+.  Here’s why. 

First off, if you caught my post from Saturday you know I had one heck of a party with some lovely, brand spanking new kidney stones.  That’s a pain I wouldn’t wish on anyone.  That finished off a week in which I pushed too hard in the gym and hurt my back. I was bound and determined to get back in the gym today.

So last night I was all proactive and  got the gym bag all ready, dropped it in my truck and everything. Up early today, off to the gym, and all set to go.  Mostly.

When I arrive it’s just me and the other regulars there with one new kid pushing his own body weight on the bench press.  They all give me crap for missing days last week and we have a laugh, then back to work.  Everything is going great until I’m doing lat pulldowns.  For some reason I really like this one- it makes me feel strong, and I concentrate more on form here.  Then, the new kid dumped his bar and as soon as it hit the ground it totally startled me.  I jumped, the lat machine yanked me out of the seat, and tossed me right off.  I landed butt-first on the concrete next to the dropped bar as everyone stopped looking at the kid and started looking at me. 

The kid tried to mash his throat when he ran out of gas and dropped the bar behind him, but everyone was worried about the old guy!  So, I take points off for that.

Next, head to the showers after the workout.  Somehow I made it through a 45 minute workout without really trying to hurt myself, but the walk into the locker room gets me.  Rolled my foot a little and swore like a sailor as I daintily limped into the room.  More points off.

Finally, my preparations were great for this morning but perhaps not so well thought out.  I’ll just say that shower gel, when left in a gym bag overnight, which is left in a 35 degree truck, will NOT warm up in the 2 hours it is in a warm room.  My best guess is that when it hit my skin it was about 40 degrees, max.  I have now found a new and interesting way to both raise my voice and reduce loose skin!  More points off still…

Then the “mostly” part.  Apparently I was in such a hurry last night I failed to pack clean drawers.  Today I am therefore commando.  Not that it’ll matter to anyone, but at the rate I lose my pants anymore I may have just changed my risk level from “embarrassment” to “felony”!

All in all it’s been a good day.  I got in a great workout, a good breakfast, and work is coming along.  It’s going to be a good Monday.

As long as there isn’t a breeze. 

HW: 495  Consult: 390  SW: 361 CW: 289

April is Autism Awareness Month!

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 4/6/14 11:29 pm
VSG on 12/06/12

You seriously crack me up. I get the best mental images when you tell your stories. Have you always been accident prone or is it a side effect of the surgery? I love these young kids that seem more into showing off then working out. That is why I like the gym in the morning and not after work. No young kids in there all middle aged and up for the most part.

michael "I didn't do
it!" w

on 4/7/14 12:10 am - Festus, MO
VSG on 12/18/13

Nope, I've been lucky like this all my life.  The list of weird stories that I could share would take weeks. The truth of it is that msot of it is absolutely my fault.  I get distracted and disaster ensues.  I got very good at laughing at myself over it.

Nikke2003
on 4/6/14 11:29 pm - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Sorry you're having such troubles.... and don't sweat it... we all end up going commando at some point due to many different cir****tances LOL!!! Sounds like you've had a rough couple of days!! I hope it gets better soon!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

KevinBacon
on 4/7/14 1:05 am
VSG on 03/10/14

I'm starting to think you have always been accident prone lol 

I'm glad you didn't hurt yourself anymore than ya know.. the whole pride issue with the cammandoness. 

Just make sure you don't pull a bad luck Brian. 

HW: 318 Date of Surgery: 3/10/14 SW: 270  CW: 154

Gwen M.
on 4/7/14 3:07 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Just switch to kilts :D

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Tracy D.
on 4/7/14 3:29 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Oh Michael - I was eating my lunch when I read this and about choked on a bite when I read the "commando" section - HA!!  I can't tell you how many times I have packed stuff for the gym and forgot my undies or something else important.  I remember one time I packed one navy blue pump and one black pump...and I had to wear them to work cuz I couldn't go back home!  Fortunately, I had one for each foot ;-)  

Glad to hear you're feeling better 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

G5x5
on 4/7/14 3:32 am - VA

The important thing though is, "how did they score the landing?"  Sure the art is the dismount, but judges always deduct points on the landing.

Butt first?  I'm guessing 10.0 all around...

LOL

HW: 255 (6/5/13), SW: 240 (6/19/13), CW: 169 (9/16/14)

M1: -26,  M2: -17,  M3: -5,  M4: -13  M5: -12  M6: -11  M7: -8

M8-10: Skinny Maintenance (10k Training)   M11-13: On Break

M14+: **CROSSTRAINING FOR ALL AROUND FITNESS**

Google NSNG and learn the right way to eat each day

michael "I didn't do
it!" w

on 4/7/14 3:53 am - Festus, MO
VSG on 12/18/13
On April 7, 2014 at 10:32 AM Pacific Time, G5x5 wrote:

The important thing though is, "how did they score the landing?"  Sure the art is the dismount, but judges always deduct points on the landing.

Butt first?  I'm guessing 10.0 all around...

LOL

How did they score the landing?

With a richter scale!  BA-DUM-BUM!

Seriously though, we were all laughing when it was over, but I am the most un-graceful falling tree on the planet.  

Monkeygrl14
on 4/7/14 3:45 am - Fresno, CA
RNY on 03/21/14

lol, I am dealing with what be kidney stones today and needed a laugh. I've had my trouble with gym equipment too. I got stuck in a leg lift thingy a while back and it took me a half hour to get out. I am thinking gym mishaps should be an Olympic event. Lol.   Be careful and stay out of the wind. :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 320 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 365 views