Happy Mardi Gras

cajunlady1958
on 3/4/14 12:05 am - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Mardi Gras. It is raining here and freezing before it hits the ground. Not great weather for parades here but that will not stop the die hard fans here.

Tomorrow begins lent and I was thinking instead of giving something up I would adopt something instead. I am going to stay on plan for the lent duration (45 days). I know if I can do it for that length of time I can do it until I reach goal. Anyone want to try with me?

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

Shagdoll
on 3/4/14 12:40 am

I need to give up many things for lent my friend, lol!

Hummmm ... let me think about this one ...

OK, I wanna stay on plan with you!!!  This is going to be extremely challenging.  I need to remember the importance of giving up something during this time.  I need to remember no meat on Friday (gasp!)  I think it's doable. 

Yay my friend!  Party Party Time!!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Ms Shell
on 3/4/14 12:43 am - Hawthorne, CA

That sounds perfect.  I was thinking of ADOPTING something good so I'm with you for the next 45 days!!  It's perfect since I'm beginning my training for my Half Marathon today!!

Ms Shell

felicity2u
on 3/4/14 12:48 am - LA

Happy Mardi Gras. Westbank girl here and staying warm and dry inside this year! 

If you fear nothing, then you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?
                       VSG-3/3/2011 HW-308 SW-298 CW-152 GW-160
                                                156LBS. LOST

skjlloyd
on 3/4/14 1:42 am, edited 3/4/14 1:43 am - Bowie, MD

I'm in. I need to stay on plan for Lent. I mean ALL the way on plan. I've been preparing myself mentally for this and I am ready. Good luck to you all.

SW 248 CW 170 GW 150     
AutumnAlways
on 3/4/14 1:43 am

I will also join you in staying on plan! We are going on vacation soon and I need to keep focused. Happy Mardi Gras!

Autumn

weese
on 3/4/14 2:30 am
VSG on 02/26/14

I just wanted to say Happy Mardi Gras from Illinois! Good luck everyone!

Lisa

Surgery 2/26/14 with Dr. Stephen Marshall in Peoria, Il

trinoc
on 3/4/14 2:46 am - TN
VSG on 01/14/14

My Lent commitment is twofold and it's both an addition, not a sacrifice, but I will work on maintaining my mindfulness of the meaning of the season either way.

I'm committing to a Lent of exercise...daily.  I'm struggling with that.  Heck, it's mostly non-existent w/ a day or two thrown in to make me feel better.

I'm also committing to doing something every day to make my family's world a better place.  Whether it's organizing a cabinet or working a jigsaw or going on a hike.  Every day during the Lenten season I will uplift my family.

Tricia

M1 -26, M2 -14, M3 -14, M4 -12, M5 -12, M6 -11, M7 -10, M8 -12, M9 -5, Goal Reached 9 months and 14 days

tdallison
on 3/4/14 3:01 am - TX
VSG on 08/26/13

Happy Mardi Gras from Beaumont Texas!  It is cold and raining here too.  We had our Parade Saturday and it was a record turn out.  My arms are still sore from throwing those beads! :-)  I have been trying to come up with what to do for Lent this year.  I am going to commit to exercising more (not as complient at I should be) and pray the Rosary more.  I have made so many changes in my life aleady but I am hoping to keep making more positive changes throughout Lent.   

Toni Dallison

"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength" Phil. 4:13

(deactivated member)
on 3/4/14 4:53 am

so how sick is it that on the way to work today I kept remembering my old tradition of celebrating Fat Tuesday with donuts? And.......

No, I didn't have one!

LOL!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views