Bad spell!

GingerJen
on 3/2/14 12:12 pm
VSG on 03/07/14

I have been doing so well on all of theSe lifestyle changes since my consultation. I was planning to bring them right up to my surgery on Friday. Well-a few things derailed me. I think I felt a bit too excited about getting under 300 (I'm sure I'm not anymore!) I let myself breathe a bit too easily-opened the door. Second, I was at my daughter's figure skating competition this weekend. I was stuck in a freezing cold ice arena with below zero temps outside. I was so cold and tired that I became very hungry. I just decided to eat. And that decision to eat lasted for 2 days. I think part of tipping my decision had to do with that part in my head saying "just relax and eat what you want the next few days-you won't be able to eat for awhile after Wednesday". 

I guess it is good to figure out I don't have this licked. I was thinking I wouldn't weigh myself for a few days-but that is my bad thinking. I would always plan on weighing only after a stretch of good days. In the past, that has led me to not weigh until I had gained 100 pounds. 

Ok. Sigh. Gotta get my head in the game by Friday. I want to nail this!!

37 y/o female 5'8" HW 355 consult 329 SW (3/7/2014)301 CW 168 goal 170

M1- 26 M2- 14 M3- 15 M4 -13 M5 -16 M6-12 M7-2 M8-5 M9-6 M10-8 M11-1 M12-5  M13-10 Goal reached 4/5/15 total lost 187 lbs total; 133 in the 13 months since surgery

Needasplace
on 3/2/14 7:44 pm - Plainfield, IL
VSG on 11/18/13

I totally agree with you.  Its so easy to let ourselves slip back into old habits and mindsets that keep us from our stated goals.  So glad for you that you caught yourself before the "self ssabotage " kicked in.  I'm almost 4 months out and lost 70 lbs.  Now I want chips and movie popcorn. I too must keep my head in the game to achieve my goals.  Keep moving forward with your eyes on the prize.....You!   

claimmaster
on 3/2/14 10:44 pm - OK
VSG on 07/05/13

There is so much debate on whether or not to weigh yourself daily, weekly, monthy, etc...  It drives some people crazy to weigh every day.  It's just the opposite for me.  I'm in a panic if I don't weigh every day.  I don't get upset about the ups and downs that come from weighing daily, but I'm not constantly worried that I've gained 10 pounds or something.  Each person has to find what works for them.

As for your eating, it's very hard before surgery to control your urges.  That's something that, especially in the beginning, is much easier to control after surgery.  This is the time to get working on your head and what makes you eat other than true hunger.  This is what I've worked on the most.  My therapy has been so important to my weight loss journey.  I spend a lot of time thinking about what I'm going to be eating and planning, planning, planning, but that's actually kind of fun for me.  It's like a game, not an obsession.  I still am far from perfect, but it's so much easier to jump right back on that wagon since the surgery.  No, you'll probably never have it "licked", but you can learn to get it much more in control if you really work at it and do what you need to do to make that happen.

Wishing you all the success in the world!

Jane

Starting weight: 320       Goal weight: 145      Surgery Weight: 298      Current weight: 215         Check out my blog at www.thebariatricvegan.com

Weight loss month 1-22  2-13  3-12  4-16  5-4  6-0  7-7  8-6

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 303 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 349 views