1/2 Way Thru Pre-Op Liquid Diet

Teresa B.
on 3/2/14 9:18 am

This has been the absolute toughest week of my journey thus far. 

Today I am able to say I'm 1/2 way thru my 2 week pre-op liquid diet and I've survived.  I don't wish to sound as if I'm 'wishing' my life away, but I can't wait for the 10th of March to get here.  I've never looked so forward to surgery in all my life.

Thanks to all of you that have shown me support so far.

lisaglasgow
on 3/2/14 9:27 am - OH
VSG on 04/03/14

Hang in there... you can do it !!!!

lisa

Lisa

mollz007
on 3/2/14 9:33 am
VSG on 02/20/14

You are doing great! I only had to do a week and it was torture!! Keep up the good work!

check out my blog!

Teresa B.
on 3/2/14 9:48 am

I'm so thankful that I didn't have to do 4 weeks. :)  My dr's very strict; but he's great!!

takingcharge27
on 3/2/14 9:39 am

I have my appt with my surgeon on the 10th and im am preparing myself that i may need to start the liquid diet that same week. I am so nervous about the liquid diet! any tips? foods and liquids that have helped out?

Teresa B.
on 3/2/14 9:47 am

My dr. required opti-fast.  I couldn't do the bars or soups; so I stuck with just the shakes.

I'm allowed plain celery, sugar-free jello and sugar-free popsicles.  I've have each a couple of times, but I find the shakes are very filling.

jenny1188
on 3/2/14 10:15 am - mount laurel, NJ
VSG on 03/03/14

I'm on day 14 today and I made it !   It was hard the first 3 days then you get use to it.  My doctors allowed vegetable soup and some vegetables as far as salad with vinegar(thank God) I made cabbage soup with carrots and tomatoes and onions  celery and dill and that was a huge help.  Good luck 

Going4ItAll
on 3/2/14 9:56 am

Hang in there Teresa! We are surgery buddies my surgery is also the 10th. I am not enjoying the liquid but keep reminding myself of the big picture! We can finish strong!

Teresa B.
on 3/7/14 5:46 am

Nice to have a surgery buddy!  I've had a much better week than last.  Only a couple of more days.

KrissyKooKoo
on 3/2/14 10:06 am
RNY on 07/22/19

I'm at the same point as you! We're almost there! Keep up the good work!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 76 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 278 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views