I need help Vets! 1 1/2 years out

4seasons
on 2/5/14 10:31 pm
VSG on 08/13/12

I had my VSG in August, 2012. Since then I have lost up to 105 pounds but have gained and lost the same 9-10 pounds for the last six months. I log everything I eat so I can watch for patterns, I exercise 5 times a week (which I've changed up and intensified), have increased calories, decreased calories, and drink about 90 ounces of water/day. I don't know what to do anymore. I need to lose at least 30 more pounds to not be in an obese category. Two weeks ago I went back to my nutrionist and she put me back on the pre-surgery liquid protein diet. Today is day 11 of that diet. I weighed myself this morning and have lost one pound in those 11 days. WTH? I am so frustrated. Can someone please give me some advise? I've come too far to get stuck at another unhealthy weight. NO judgements, criticism or preaching please!

"It's not about perfect. It's about effort. And when you bring that effort every single day, that's where transformation happens. That's how change occurs." 

HW: 310 ~ SW: 289 ~ GW: 175
4seasons
on 2/5/14 10:45 pm
VSG on 08/13/12

I forgot to add that I've hit the menopause stage of my life. I feel like I'm too young for this but all of the hot flashes speak otherwise.

"It's not about perfect. It's about effort. And when you bring that effort every single day, that's where transformation happens. That's how change occurs." 

HW: 310 ~ SW: 289 ~ GW: 175
Keith L.
on 2/6/14 2:02 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Talk to your gynecologist about bio-identical hormone replacement therapy. I will almost bet you have a hormone imbalance. Also not a bad idea to get your thyroid checked. 

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

FindingMyWeigh
on 2/5/14 11:08 pm
VSG on 10/30/13

Look into reducing your sodium intake. I bought the no sodium bouillon and drank that like crazy. It tasted metallic to me so I added a bit of sriracha to spice it up a bit. It should help if you are retaining water weight.

slimpickins5280
on 2/5/14 11:39 pm - CO

Have you had blood work done recently? Specifically, have the doc check your thyroid and hormone levels. IMO, you need to have a long conversation with a doc about eveything you just wrote down. 

Also, water/fluid intake - 90 oz is decent, but if you are working out 5 days a week and you've upped the intensity, you need to also up the water. I get 12-14 glasses a day - not an easy task, but I hit at least 12 glasses every day. 90 ounces is close to 12 glasses, but I don't work out as much as it sounds like you do. 

Are you measuring yourself? Some people lose inches frist, then pounds. 

Take a deep breath. 

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

cabin111
on 2/7/14 12:10 pm

Had RNY over 7 years ago.  Just happened to look here...Searching for a friend.  One word...Just asking...Carbs.  It is my downfall.  I don't know sometimes how many I use a day.  You can look at my profile.  I have posted pictures 6 out of 7 years on my surgery date. I tried to post year 6, but it just wouldn't take it.  I hit goal at 6 months.  Over the years I have regained about 40 pounds.  Carbs=The Devil...

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 392 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 423 views