sigh...

dancermom2_7
on 2/6/14 3:44 am - OH

It just got real...I am approved for surgery!! A ball of nerves...and so excited .....yah! Took just a few days for insurance to say yes...we submitted on jan 30...I got a notice on the insurance website I was approved on Monday the sent the letters...called drs office today and now waiting for scheduler to call me with date!!!!!!

HW 276 GW140  CW248

Scribbler
on 2/6/14 5:05 am

I found it hard to realize how REAL it was until I woke up from anesthesia and I still was waiting for someone to tell me they couldn't do it for some reason or other!

It's sinking in now... I'm obviously dealing with a tiny grumpy tummy... it's like a baby in my stomach that gets mad and cries sometimes! But when I look at the wallet card that my surgeon gave me, with a picture of the resected stomach, it's like looking at something that doesn't apply to me. It still doesn't seem 100% real!

It takes us a while to accept things emotionally. I'm sure I will go through "stages" of anger ("No pizza! GRRR!" etc.) and acceptance as I move through my process of healing.

Ihearttennis
on 2/6/14 11:05 am - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

Congrats! We'll push over on the loser's bench for ya!

"Whether you believe you can or you can't ....you are right! " by Henry Ford

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 242 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 310 views