When does the stomach pain end?

ipaul1985
on 1/31/14 12:06 pm

First, I have dropped 28 lbs since pre op til now (11 days) and I am starting to feel better about everything. Surgery went great. No complicatios. But, I just want to know, when is the stomach pain going to go away?

Scott S.
on 1/31/14 12:12 pm - TX

The pain from the incisions wore off after 3-4 weeks for me.

VSG: 8/8/13 

ipaul1985
on 1/31/14 12:30 pm

Thanks! Also, when does the super glue they used to close the incisions fall off?

Scott S.
on 2/1/14 2:45 am - TX

That kind of varied per incision.  I think mine were gone after 4 weeks in time for my one month checkup.  Don't quote me on that though!

VSG: 8/8/13 

Scribbler
on 2/1/14 2:54 am

I had some of the superglue stuff one time for a different surgery (lap) in my belly button, and I just left it until it fell off. Took about 3 weeks. I had no scarring either but it itched.

~~ VSG February 4, 2014 ~~ 30lb. lost since surgery ~~
~~ you will never regret not eating something ~~
~~if you're light enough, you just might be able to fly~~
~~nothing tastes as good as skinny feels~~
HW: 303 || SW: 255 || CW: 225 || GW: 120 || UGW: 105

Scribbler
on 1/31/14 10:35 pm

The last surgery I had (I'm having VSG on Tuesday) was an emergency procedure, they literally hacked me open to keep me from dying of peritonitis, and the incision only really hurt until about 2 weeks out, then I noticed the pain diminished after that. My VSG is going to be lap, and I'm expecting the pain from that one to calm down within a week or two as well. I apparently have the constitution of a Viking and tend to heal quickly though. YMMV.

~~ VSG February 4, 2014 ~~ 30lb. lost since surgery ~~
~~ you will never regret not eating something ~~
~~if you're light enough, you just might be able to fly~~
~~nothing tastes as good as skinny feels~~
HW: 303 || SW: 255 || CW: 225 || GW: 120 || UGW: 105

ipaul1985
on 2/1/14 12:56 am

Whoa, thanks for the response! I hope you have a great surgery. Keep me up to date how it does! Best wishes. 

islandgirl_67
on 2/1/14 10:21 am - Canada

Could your stomach pain be gas?  I had horrible stomach pains for 3&1/2 weeks after surgery ... I was worried I had a leak ... they weren't every single day, but when they hit they really hurt, and inbetween my stomach was very sore.  I was assured by my Dr. that is was gas and that some folks have it worse than others.  Walking as much as possible when it really hurt was the best solution ... Gas X did nothing ... good luck!

ipaul1985
on 2/1/14 11:00 am

Yeah, I felt a lot better later on. I ate some hot soup and get Meta Lax. It made me get rid of some gas and I almost felt normal. I am only 4 days out of surgery, but I am feeling like a new man. i have been walking a lot too. I have to be back to work on Wednesday. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 136 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 394 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views