Losing what drags us down

Nmmsg
on 1/24/14 7:36 am
VSG on 07/09/13

Losing the weight is only part of what weighs us down.  At 150 lbs I weigh less than I have in over twenty years. Wow- that is a long time.  I weigh less than when I got married in 1971!   Many of you here were not even born then. 

Yesterday Iwent for my usual haircut appointment and told the stylist I wanted a kick ass haircut.  Who am I?  I have been fortunate not to lose my hair during this weight loss but felt it weighted me down.  I can't post my picture here but it is on my information site.  

Weight loss does not solve all of our problems but it certainly gives you a different attitude with how you look at yourself.  Before I preferred "safe". I am willing to take chances and be outside of my normal comfort zone.  I was talking to one of my staff members. I had my contacts in and my boss did not recognize me.( after working there over 20 years).  I kind of like that. Maybe I don' t quite recognize myself yet. Just a thought for TGIF,

nancy

Learn from your family history and rewrite yours!

Lake-michigan-girl
on 1/24/14 8:00 am
Love the new attitude that weight loss can bring. I feel that it gives us a confidence that we are worth it we are special we are a priority.
Nmmsg
on 1/25/14 9:11 pm
VSG on 07/09/13

Thank you for you kind words.

krabbyhermit
on 1/25/14 4:49 am

Wow Nancy!! You've lost years off your appearance with your new "kick ass" hair do and the weight loss. No wonder your boss didn't recognize you. Excellent work and you look mahvelous dahling!!  

In all my days ahead I vow to be kind to myself. This shall also be a new and exciting experience. 

Nmmsg
on 1/25/14 9:11 pm
VSG on 07/09/13

I feel mahvelous-   Thanks!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 80 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 292 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 343 views