Just putting this out there....

Tracey C.
on 1/22/14 7:12 am
VSG on 12/27/13

I DISLIKE all protein shakes, clear protein drink etc ......BUT........my NUT told me about a ready made shake sold at grocery stores around here ( central PA ) called Rockin Refuel.  It tastes most like a vanilla milkshake of all I tried.  The have different types some with 20 proteins but the one with the RED label has 30 proteins and 190 calories and 9 carbs, they cost .99 .  So if you haven't tried or see them at your store give it a try.

Tracey

Nikke2003
on 1/22/14 9:01 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

I have no comments about the protein; however, I live in Central PA too - welcome!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

Tracey C.
on 1/22/14 9:08 am
VSG on 12/27/13

Thank you

Keith L.
on 1/22/14 9:45 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Doesn't look like too bad of a product. It does have carageenan in it which has been said causes inflamation and has been loosely linked to digestive tract cancers (what hasn't right?). It also has sucralose in it, which is fine but if you are trying to steer clear of artificial sweeteners, then you might want to avoid this one. The only other complaint that I would have is that is is made with milk protein concentrate which in general for VSG patients is fine, but their claim as a muscle builder is very weak. You would want an Whey Isolate or a Hydrolyzed Whey Isolate or at the very least a Whey contentrate or some sort of blend. 

All that being said if you can tolerate it, drink it until you get sick of it.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

(deactivated member)
on 1/22/14 4:10 pm
VSG on 01/27/14
I buy the chocolate for my hubby and it's pretty dang good!
Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 244 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 312 views