Week 4 Post Op

tbhandari
on 1/6/14 5:43 pm
VSG on 12/16/13

Guys,

I am 3 weeks out and tried pureed food. I use baby spoon and very small quantity. It seems to be getting stuck and i keep burping (with bad feeling) for a long time after this. Any suggestions

SW : 404   CW : 294 GW : 180

Nmmsg
on 1/6/14 7:27 pm
VSG on 07/09/13

Try different foods at different temperatures.  Yogurt is a good first food.  If you continue to have a problem let your dr know.

Learn from your family history and rewrite yours!

tbhandari
on 1/6/14 7:29 pm
VSG on 12/16/13

Thanks will surely try. Yogurt slipped my mind.

ArmyWife29
on 1/6/14 9:46 pm - GA

Week 3 for me was still full liquids whi*****luded milk, protein drinks, yogurt, sugar free pudding, and creamy soups.  I actually never really did a "puréed" stage, I just hung on with full liquids until I was able to eat a tablespoon or so of soft chili and egg salad.  My first solid food was a scrambled egg, and I could only eat about two small bites before I felt really full.  Maybe just back up to full liquids for another couple of days?  You may also have to slow down your eating pace....I was a very fast eater, and it led to me getting sick multiple times before I learned to pit my fork/spoon down between each bite and relax before taking another.

Ht 5'4HW 232  GW 138

tbhandari
on 1/6/14 10:08 pm
VSG on 12/16/13

Thanks

The_True_KayD
on 1/6/14 10:04 pm

I am now 6 weeks post op. I have been on the soft foods for about three weeks. I have also been able to add ground beef, ground chicken and fish to my eating plan. My program defined pureed/soft foods to include: 

ricotta cheese, cottage cheese,refried beans. I added tomato juice or some of the creamy soups to these to flavor them up.   

I also protein'd up the creamy soups but adding some Unjury chicken soup mix or the unflavored protein.

I did notice that my stomach does make a good amount of noise when starting on this phase..It actually became pretty funny at times! I eat slowly and watch for my "Full sign". I did avoid drinking for about an hour after eating while at this phase. I wanted to give my meal some extra time to absorb.  

HW: 249  SW: 233  VSG: Dec 3, 2013    

tbhandari
on 1/6/14 10:08 pm
VSG on 12/16/13

Thanks a bunch..

The_True_KayD
on 1/6/14 10:13 pm

You are very welcome. I hope it is helpful. Last night I made some "lasagna" using ground beef layered with the ricotta. I just omitted the noodles...it was great. I made a good size pan so will cut them into portions and freeze them...This way i have some thing that i can grab..I got inventive with the foods that were on my plan. I took the cream of chicken soup, added a bit of chicken and some refried beans along with some seasoning. It was delicious. It was like having some mexican food plate. The flavors were there and that works for me. 

HW: 249  SW: 233  VSG: Dec 3, 2013    

Rosie B.
on 1/6/14 10:58 pm

I am four weeks out and doing ok with pureed foods, but I have constant heartburn and belching.  I am taking Prilosec once a day, but around 12 hours after I take it, the belching and heartburn starts again.  Getting real tired of it.  Doc's office tells me my little tummy is all swollen and it takes time to un-swell and heal, but I am beginning to wonder how much more of this I can take and if I screwed up doing this.  Add insult to injury, not losing a lot of weight and eating very little because I can't stomach it.  I am not a person who ever gets sick but I have felt awful for these past three weeks.  Don't mean to unload on you, guess I had to vent.  Just wanted to pass to you that I was told that it will get better; our tummies are just swollen and healing right now.  The mushies sit pretty good when I am not nauseous though.  Cream of chicken soup mixed with skim milk has been my savior and Premier protein for 30 grams of protein (and SF popsiciles).  Hope we feel better soon!  I keep reading on here where it gets better with time.  I am still waiting.

tbhandari
on 1/6/14 11:06 pm
VSG on 12/16/13

Rosie,

I am fine mostly but sometimes the heartburn happens. doc says try different foods and go with what goes best for u. I have tried to walk off the heartburn and it does help. I have also stopped eating 3 hours before bedtime to avoid discomfort. Weight loss has been decent its just that getting used to the diet is a little issue right now. In india there are hardly any additives available and everything has to be ordered from USA 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views