Diner food - tick tock!

Nmmsg
on 1/4/14 8:47 pm
VSG on 07/09/13

On New Year's Day, after taking my grandson home and then my daughter home to NYC, we stopped at the Tick Tock Diner- well known in northern NJ.  My husband suggested that we have dinner.  I ordered pork chops.  The fact is I have rarely eaten out since my Vsg in July and I guess I have had a disconnect of what was coming my way- huge salad, cup of matzoh ball soup, 3 pork chops, carrots and mashed potatoes.  I did not make it past the soup.  I took the pork chops home , which I never ate.  

Even after almost six months , I am still adjusting my mind to match what I can eat or want. It's true the fat person is still lurking and we have to be ever mindful of that.  Thanks sleeve for keeping me in line.

Learn from your family history and rewrite yours!

SophieNJ
on 1/4/14 9:51 pm - Parsippany, NJ
VSG on 03/05/13

Same here!  I start by telling waitstaff that the soup and salad will be to go, don't even serve it to me :)  and of course much of the main meal always comes home with me.  Love Tick Tock!! used to eat there alllll the time when we lived closer to it :)

At any serve yourself situation, even though I put much less on my plate, much of it is wasted.....someone told me (and I took this as a compliment) that my plate after meal looks like an anorexic eater LOL.....

keep up the good work!

Sophie

HW 275 SW 246 CW 162.5  GW 150  ( 5'1"  Over 1 1/2 inch lost in the last few yrs! LOL) lost 50 lbs on my own, stable for 3 yrs, gained back 21 during year b4 surgery.

Nmmsg
on 1/5/14 3:41 am
VSG on 07/09/13

Sophie- 

You know NJ has lots of diners.  I cannot believe that in such a short time I am already out of the loop!  That's healthier for me.  I'll try ordering less food or have it packed to go before I start!

Happy New Year!

Nancy

claimmaster
on 1/4/14 11:44 pm - OK
VSG on 07/05/13

I stopped at Applebees on the way home from TX last night to get something to eat.  Everything looked so good on the menu, that I originally forgot about what I could and should eat.  At the last minute, when the waitress came over, I ordered the French onion soup, sans the bread and cheese.  It was still all I could do to finish the soup.  I was so glad I didn't order more.  No protein in the meal, but I had already had quite a bit earlier in the trip.

Jane

Starting weight: 320       Goal weight: 145      Surgery Weight: 298      Current weight: 215         Check out my blog at www.thebariatricvegan.com

Weight loss month 1-22  2-13  3-12  4-16  5-4  6-0  7-7  8-6

Nmmsg
on 1/5/14 4:05 am
VSG on 07/09/13

Hi Jane- 

i guess my first reply got lost.  Anyway, I think you won with just having soup.  If I have a low protein day, I make sure I am extra vigilant the next day.

Happy New Year!

Nancy

wkeener
on 1/5/14 12:17 am - TX

I am 7 months out & am at my goal & I still want to go out to eat but when i do & can't eat it makes me mad then i think I am eating to LIVE, NOT LIVING to EAT so know we all go through this journey and come out knowing we did the RIGHT thing .Good Luck

Nmmsg
on 1/5/14 3:42 am
VSG on 07/09/13

Eating to live says it all.  When i was living to eat, which was most of my life, I got in trouble. 

Here's to eating to LIVE!

Thanks-

Nancy

mustlovepoodles
on 1/5/14 12:21 am
VSG on 12/31/13

LOL, that sounds downright nauseating to me.  Isn't it atrocious the portion sizes that restaurants serve? I mean, in what universe is it normal to eat soup, salad, carrots, mashed potatles AND 3 pork chops in one sitting?  Maybe an Olympic athlete could, but I haven't seen many Olympians at the Golden Corral lately.  I'm just starting out, so i'm on liquids for another 2 weeks, but it's really good to hear that your sleeve is still working so well months after surgery.

HW: 229 ; SW: 208 (-21);  GW: 125

Wt. Loss:   M1: 189 -(19)  M2: 178 (-11)  M3: 172 (-5)  M4: 170 (-2)  M5: 166 (-4)

Nmmsg
on 1/5/14 3:44 am
VSG on 07/09/13

To be truthful- it was overwhelming.  I am used to measuring my portions and being careful not to overeat.  It looked like a family meal to me!  It would have taken me days just to be able to eat the pork chops!

themexcellentone
on 1/5/14 1:24 am
VSG on 07/08/13 with

My husband and I go out to eat quite a bit, and now we split plates and bring home leftovers.  So much better than when we'd go out and easily spent $60-$70 a pop to eat out. 

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 80 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 292 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 343 views