Best Christmas Present Ever

Vanessa_M
on 1/2/14 7:40 am, edited 1/2/14 7:44 am

It's a little late, but my 8 month surgiversary passed a few days ago.  The NSVs and the scale victories are too numerous to count.  My initial goal was 205 pounds because there was something in me that didn't believe this surgery would work.  When I got close to 205, I decided to drop my goal 15 more pounds.

Best Christmas Present Ever - I hit my second goal on Christmas morning.  But then the scale kept moving.  (only a pound since Christmas, but what the hell, I'll take it).  I made it through the holiday season and lost 15 pounds!  

Now that I see that I can do it, I'm going to try and get this last 14 pounds off so that I can be in the "normal" BMI range.  

During the holiday season, there were so many cookies that I wanted to eat and desserts that I wanted to try and I have to be honest, I did try some of them but instead of having 4 or 5 cookies, I had 1 or 2.   I discovered that monkey bread is like crack to me.  I had to have it physically removed from my house (and I was NOT happy!)  Bu****ching that scale move down tasted even better than the cookies, cakes, and candies of the holidays.

I appreciated the posts from other people because it reminds me to be humble and that we can all slip and once it starts, it's soooo hard to stop.  There were other posts from people who promised to stay true to the course during this season and that helped me put that 3rd cookie back, send that monkey bread back to school with my son and say no thank you to the stromboli (so delicious).  

One of my former students made this little collage for me.  The black t-shirt photos are from 2 days before surgery and the pink shirt picture is from a few days after Christmas.  

At 5'11" the only thing I can say at this point is 176 HERE I COME!

VSG Surgery 4/30/2013

Dr. Rohit Patel, Cooper University Hospital 

grayC
on 1/2/14 7:44 am
VSG on 05/01/13

Monkey bread is like crack for me too!!

i made it for my boys Christmas Day..had maybe 3-4 pieces and made eggs for me and the hubby...

Vanessa_M
on 1/2/14 7:45 am

I haven't had it in years but every time I walked past it, a piece jumped into my mouth! 

VSG Surgery 4/30/2013

shrinking_sarah
on 1/2/14 7:47 am - CA

Congratulations--you will get there!  It's great to learn what you can and canNOT have in your house.  If there are cookies or potato chips in my house, I WILL eat them.  We just don't have them.  Even my 5-year-old understood and stopped asking once I said, "Because Mommy will eat those if you buy them and they aren't healthy for me."  He can have chips when we eat our or at his friends' houses, just not at home.

Have a great 2014!!

Sarah, VSG Dr. Cirangle--12/28/12, HW: 265 SW: 253 GW: 130???

Vanessa_M
on 1/2/14 9:11 am

Live and learn! Your little guy sounds like such a sweetie!

Happy New Year! 

VSG Surgery 4/30/2013

Nancybefree
on 1/2/14 8:10 am
VSG on 11/21/12

Go, Vanessa!  You're doing such a great job.  :)

5'8"    HRW 357 on 7/09/12    SW 339   >196 8/26/13 (surgeon's goal)   TWL  193     CW   164 

*:•-:¦:-•:*1st pers. goal 178 on 10/16/13; ultimate goal 164 on 12/13/13*:•-:¦:-•:* 

Vanessa_M
on 1/2/14 9:11 am

Thank you!!

VSG Surgery 4/30/2013

frisco
on 1/2/14 11:48 am

I learned of  "Monkey Bread" this Xmas ....... what the hell?????

That should be illegal in all 50 States....... and if you get caught making and distributing it..... felony prison time.....

Congrats on a great Xmas !

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Vanessa_M
on 1/2/14 9:29 pm
Yoi are so right! My sister in law offered me her recipe when I told her how good it was. She really does hate me. Lol

VSG Surgery 4/30/2013

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 399 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 426 views