How much yogurt.....

Tracey C.
on 1/1/14 12:59 am
VSG on 12/27/13

I am  6 days post op and on full liquids which I am not tolerating the protein shakes very well. 

Yogurt is going down fine just not sure how much I should be  eating at  one time.  I am not hungry 

and haven't really felt full.  Should I be able to eat a 5.3 oz yougurt?.,,,,,,, & how long should it take?

tracey

brynn3
on 1/1/14 1:20 am - MI
VSG on 10/16/13

Sorry I can't help.  I'm still questioning my seems to be changing amounts of food I can eat.  I get full a lot quicker or slower at times.  

Just wanted to say congrats on surgery and ask how you're feeling?

brandy

Bufflehead
on 1/1/14 1:23 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

I wasn't allowed yogurt on full liquids, only when I moved up to purees. At the puree phase, I was allowed 3 tablespoonfuls of food per meal, no matter what the food was. If I had eaten 5.3 oz of yogurt in a day, let alone a sitting, my dietician would have horsewhipped me - it wouldn't matter whether I was able to or not, I was told 3 T. of food so that was what I ate (max).

That said, surely your program gave you some guidelines about how much food to eat? Just because my dietician wouldn't permit it doesn't mean yours wouldn't!

FindingMyWeigh
on 1/1/14 1:44 am
VSG on 10/30/13

Our surgeon and his staff, for post op, had us on 2 weeks of clear fluids, then 2 weeks of full fluids, then 2 weeks of pureed food and finally, 6 weeks post op, solids. 

Like you, I didn't deviate.  Thank goodness our surgeon and his team has been so supportive and clear with us about how to achieve optimal results with no or few complications. 

Bufflehead
on 1/1/14 3:37 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

ooh, they've changed some time in the last six months then. Rules for me post surgery were 4 weeks of full liquids, four weeks of purees, then four months of soft food - I only recently got released to eat things like nuts and raw veggies. I am glad I didn't have to do two weeks of clears, I have to say!

happyteacher
on 1/1/14 1:33 am, edited 1/1/14 1:34 am

No, that size yogurt would likely be two separate meals for most.  I added unflavored whey protein powder to the yogurt with SF Torani syrup at this stage to help boost the protein.  (Jarrow brand, available on Amazon.)  20 minutes for a half a yogurt... keeping in mind if you begin to feel even the slightest bit full to stop even if you don't finish.  Small bites, no liquids for at least 30 minutes after.  If shakes are not working, try Isopure... drinks like kool aid and available at GNC or Vitamin Shoppe.

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Tracey C.
on 1/1/14 1:44 am
VSG on 12/27/13

Thank you! I didn't like the isopure either. I checked my handbook and under yogurt suggestions it just says 4-6 oz per serving.  I will call the office tomorrow and ask nut.  In the meantime, I will push my premier shakes.

Kaysosa
on 1/1/14 2:05 am

Not sure what your guidelines were pre op but I was told yougrt and pudding are not liquids and would not start until puree phase begins.  Be careful moving forward to fast puts you at risk for leaks.  This liquids allow for healing of the suture lines.

Tracey C.
on 1/1/14 2:31 am
VSG on 12/27/13

We don't have puréed phase.   1 1/2 days of clear liquids followed by 8 days of full liquids then onto soft foods. I will stick to shakes today until I call office tomorrow to verify.

happyteacher
on 1/1/14 5:52 am

I had the same plan, and yogurt was considered a full liquid.

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 244 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 312 views