2 wks out already cheating

isign4u
on 12/22/13 12:35 pm

What in the heck is wrong with me?  I am two weeks out and cheated tonight.  I avoided the chocolate all week in the office and then tonight I had to slip up.  I had two mint meltaways.  The guilt is all consuming.  I feel like I have let everyone down, most of all myself.  UGH! 

"One mistake does not a day make"        
SleeverMom
on 12/22/13 12:41 pm

Don't beat yourself up...it's difficult in the real world trust me but try to have your eyes on the finish line! I took a bite of my son's hamburger from McDonalds it was the best feeling in the world even if it was one bite. The guilt nearly killed me I had to say hey you've lost 24lbs so far one bite ahhhh so what...but I will try to be stronger next time!

CW-300 SW(12/10)-293  CW-272 GW-145

isign4u
on 12/22/13 3:14 pm
Thanks for being so honest. I just thought I would feel differently by now. I know this is a tool and not a majic pill. I need to post to feel accountable. I'm trying to figure out the lesson here. Maybe it's because I'm trying so hard to under eat. So many people say stop eating before you are full and I'm still trying to figure out what that means. I see so many people saying they can only eat 1 to 2 ounces of food, if that, at this stage. I can eat 4 ounces ( my doctors plan recommends up to 4 ounces per meal, three times per day) with no issue and don't feel full. So I go back to thinking maybe I shouldn't even be eating that much and have tried to " under eat" my sleeve as others have suggested. There are so many differing plans and everyone is so different. It's just nice to know I'm not alone anymore. I plan to get into counseling right away to save my life and complete this journey the right way. It doesn't mean I won't fall down asking the way, but I will have a support system to fall back upon. Thanks again and good luck on your journey! Hope we can stay in touch.
Chrissy W.
on 12/22/13 12:50 pm - Indianapolis, IN
VSG on 07/01/13

Don't beat yourself up. Just get back on that horse NOW. Not tomorrow. NOW. This minute. The first couple of months are the biggest "bang for your buck" days for rapid weight loss. Don't sabotage yourself with carb cravings that will make life miserable and difficult. You will look back in a few months when your weightless has slowed down DRAMATICALLY and be glad that you took advantage of this time. Stay the course! Your sleeve has got your back if you do!!

VSG 7/1/13 with Dr. Jack Rutledge 28 y/o female - 5'10" - HW: 298GW: 174 - SW: 290 (-8) - M1: 262 (-28) - M2: 247 (-15) - M3: 235 (-12) - M4: 228 (-7 ~First Stall: almost 2 wks~) - M5: 218 (-10) - M6: 209 (-9) - M7: 199 (-10) Onederland on 1/31 - M8: 196 (-3) 100 lb total loss on 2/2 - M9: 192.6 (-3.4) - M10: 188.6 (-4) - M11: 182 (-6.6) - M12: 175.6 (-6.4) - M13: 173.8 (-1.8) CW (7/8/15): 167 - GOAL reached in 1 Year and 25 Days! - TOTAL WL - 131 lbs  

isign4u
on 12/22/13 3:17 pm
I just got home after work and had my 4 ounces of protein. I feel satisfied. Thanks for the encouragement. I think I was trying to limit myself too much today and I guess that's the lesson. I need to stick to my doctors plan even though I can't have any sweets... sf popsicles it is!
Annievvho
on 12/22/13 1:25 pm - Roanoke, VA
VSG on 11/29/13

Make sure you're logging all your food. He yourself accountable, and log your cheat. I like My Fitness Pal. You can look at your whole day and and see how it stacks up - protein/carbs/fat % in a pie chart and broken down into each nutrient and daily totals. Make note of each day and how your numbers match up to your plan. If you cheat, log it, see what it does to your day from your plan (example the carbs up your calories with no protein benefit). Recognize what you did to create a challenge for yourself. Forgive the discretion and move on. Don't create a guilt/eat cycle. You know you made a mistake, don't hate yourself for it. Do recognize it is a hindrance to your health and weight loss and work really hard to change your habits. I like sugar free fat free pudding when I'm craving sweets. My mom made fudge today (one of my favorites!) and I had cheesecake flavor to curb the urge. 

isign4u
on 12/22/13 1:47 pm
I love MFP. I've been using it for almost 2 years. My plan is so rigid. We are allowed no sweets other than sf jello and popsicles, everything else is meat, eggs and cheese. I'm so used to having something sweet and now I can't for the first 3 months. I'm even missing veggies. I appreciate all the kind responses and plan to move on tomorrow. I need to see a counselor. I sent an email to my bariatric clinic Friday asking for a referral, because I'm starting to feel weak. I know this is a life long journey, but I can't believe this early out I'm feeling this way. I just don't feel full or satisfied... I'm hoping that changes as time goes on and I will feel the restriction. Right now I'm wishing I would have gone RNY, but I plan to give this all I have. Thanks for all the kind words. I needed to post to hold myself accountable.
rengirl1978
on 12/22/13 4:03 pm - Denver, CO
VSG on 12/18/13

Like they say, admitting things is the first step to getting help! Stay strong! You're okay! I am 4 days post-op ad I was literally crying over the candy I was splitting up for my kids stockings... Hershey's Minatures and mini York Peppermint Patties... I was really crying bad! Hang in there!

Rhiannon VSG 12/18/13 ~ Mo 1 -35lbs ~ Mo 2 -15lbs ~ Mo 3 -13lbs ~ Mo 4 -8lbs ~ Mo 5 -9lbs ~ Mo 6 -6lbs ~ Mo 7 -8lbs

If we all liked the same things, what fun would life be?

Mary Catherine
on 12/22/13 8:24 pm

I believe that it is important to find substitutes for the foods that we are giving up.  I tried various sugar-free candies from the grocery store, but could not tolerate the gas and diarrhea from the sugar alcohols.  Your experience might be different.

I searched websites for recipes that took the place of the fat and sugar laden things that I did not want to eat.  I prepared homemade fudge, ice cream from protein drinks, learned how to make muffin in a minute as taste even better than a chocolate brownie.  I bake sugar-free cookies, and prepare my favorite cheesecake. 

My journey has never included denying myself, but it has involved taking the time and money to have make sure that I always have acceptable substitutes for the foods that made me obese.  There is company called mainecottagefoods that produces unbelievably great chocolate candy.  They use a sweetener that does not cause issues for most people. 

Order an assortment of their wrapped chocolate treats called teenies.  I bet you are going to love the mint chocolates.  Mainecottagefoods is part of my food budget.  I always have bars and teenies and they are mine alone.  I rarely share them with others because of the cost.  This is a long term journey.  Your sleeve is a great tool, find the other tools that will make the journey real for you.

brynn3
on 12/23/13 7:13 pm - MI
VSG on 10/16/13

Hi WhiteDove,

Thanks for the info on Mainecottagefoods.  I just looked them up.  I think I'll have to wait awhile still before I buy anything like that since I'm still pretty new at this and know this is my biggest trigger for me.  Afraid to go there still! lol  Have a Merry Christmas

Brandy

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 123 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 355 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 402 views