Vitamin Issues

SleeverMom
on 11/27/13 7:19 am

So I decided to try my Bariatric Advantage Multivitamin and Chewable Calcium Citrate to see what flavor I want to order (the company sent me a sample pack). I felt light-headed and today add nausea to that almost to the point of vomiting just minutes after taking them. I have very low Vit D and my DR prescribed them to me 6mths ago to take once a week I felt the same way as I do now. I am in day 2 of my pre-op diet but because I've felt this way before I don't believe its related.

My question has anyone ever had side effects from taking supplements? If so, how did it get resolved. 

CW-300 SW(12/10)-293  CW-272 GW-145

LosingSarah
on 11/27/13 7:47 am - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

Yes. I got bad nausea & a headache for 5-15 minutes after taking Bariatric Advantage Chewables. Even when I took it with food. I thankfully, only had to take them the first 30 days post-op. I continued to take them through that month, even though I dreaded it.

I am now on regular vitamins (a ton of them) and while I sometimes feel a tad bit funny after taking them it is nothing like the horrible feeling I had with the Bariatric Advantage ones.

I've been on Vitamin D for a while, too, prescribed by my PCP.  I had really low levels.

SleeverMom
on 11/27/13 8:27 am

Ok good to hear! I knew it wasn't just me :-)

CW-300 SW(12/10)-293  CW-272 GW-145

Machelle.K
on 11/27/13 12:14 pm - WA
VSG on 11/06/12

The Bariatric Advantage Multivitamin made me nauseous every time. I finally changed to Celebrate Multivitamin and all is well. Be sure no matter the brand that you take with food.

Machelle 11/6/2012 with Dr. Houseworth WA

cdnarcisse
on 11/27/13 9:05 pm

Yes!! I was very nauseous taking the Bariatric Advantage multi. However, I changed it to Solotron Multivitamin by GNC. I get the mixed berry flavor and it's chewable (and tastes better than BA) Good luck!! 

SleeverMom
on 11/27/13 9:59 pm
Ok thanks I will check them out!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 306 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 351 views