hunger

bostonlass
on 11/25/13 5:55 am - MA
VSG on 08/27/13

Is it normal to feel hunger at around 3 months?  I've been noticing that I am hungry around this time of day lately and I just had a yogurt at around 3:30. Normally I haven't felt hunger at all and just go home and eat around 6ish. I was hoping I had more time before the ole hunger hormone came back at me. 

Gail D.
on 11/25/13 5:59 am

They told me I wouldn't feel hungry... may never feel hungry.

They lied... LOL

I'm 2 months out, and I do feel hunger. Breakfast time. Lunch time, Dinner time. It just takes much less to stop the hunger.

mmmesser
on 11/25/13 7:34 am

I notice that I feel hungry or empty if I am not continuously drinking between meals.  In fact, if I feel 'hungry' and it's not time to eat then I almost immediately think 'uh oh...need to drink something' and grab my drink (because I realize I hadn't drank something in about 20 min.).  Sometimes the body confuses thirst as hunger (as foods provide fluids when squished in the gut).  You might try and see if this might be true for you.

bostonlass
on 11/25/13 9:22 pm - MA
VSG on 08/27/13

Thanks everyone. I"m going to try to drink more in between meals - I must be slacking because I used to have the habit of drinking 30 oz between each meal but now I don't think I do that much. Also I realized I haven't taken my protonix for reflux in a few days so I just refilled that script and maybe that is adding to it. Keeping my fingers crossed! I can ignore the hunger but I just don't want to deal with it quite yet. lol

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 276 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views