Day 5 - first day I haven't regretted this.

min2758
on 11/16/13 2:26 pm - Boise, ID

Maybe I'm just a big baby when it comes to pain, but when I have self inflicted pain, I feel very bitter and angry and remorseful for choosing it. 

Today was better.  I have not had any complications so far, but I have been in lots of pain.  The pain has now subsided to only when I drink liquids (and soreness of abdomen muscles but that's nothing).  It feels like I'm swallowing too much air or there's too much air in my stomach and whenever I drink broth or water it hurts REALLY bad.  Oddly enough, I don't have the pain with jello or yogurt.  Tonight I even ate a cream soup and had no troubles.  Water though hurts quite a bit.  Maybe I don't know how to drink without swallowing air?? Anyone else ever had this problem?

I hopped on the scale tonight and found I have lost 10 lbs since my surgery.  Yay!  That makes this a little bit easier to *stomach*.  haha!

Kyraiyne
on 11/16/13 9:06 pm - Walton , KY
VSG on 10/30/13

I'm a gulper and I knew that about myself before surgery so I bought a sippy cup to prevent swallowing so much air.  I think it helped.  I only used it for a week

claimmaster
on 11/16/13 11:29 pm - OK
VSG on 07/05/13

I don't have advice for you for the problems you're having right now, as I had a really easy time of things.  One thing I can tell you is that the first month-month and a half were very emotional for me.  I didn't have my normal 'go to' for the anxiety I was feeling, which was food.  I got tired of eating just liquids and soft foods even though I wasn't really hungry.  I wanted to eat a nice big meal and "feel better" like I was used to in the past.  But as I healed, and I figured out what I could eat, how to eat it, how much to eat of it, and started getting used to the idea that I would never again have the buffet to quell my feelings, everything got a lot better.

All I'm saying is that it gets better and better, and the benefits so out weigh the difficulties that you really start to see how much it is worth all the 'suffering' you went through.  You WILL drink again without pain.  You will eat again and it will feel normal.  Hang in there and look into the future and why you did this in the first place.

You're going to do great.

Jane

Starting weight: 320       Goal weight: 145      Surgery Weight: 298      Current weight: 215         Check out my blog at www.thebariatricvegan.com

Weight loss month 1-22  2-13  3-12  4-16  5-4  6-0  7-7  8-6

happyteacher
on 11/17/13 1:11 am

You may be sensitive to temperature of the water- try warm tea (decaf) or something similar.  You are through the toughest part, with a few more bumps to weather before you will be amazed at how much better you feel.  Congrats on the 10 pounds!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

(deactivated member)
on 11/17/13 8:42 pm
VSG on 07/11/13

I understand the "regret." The fist few days I after my surgery I kept asking myself what have I done?  It takes a little to get used.  But you will and in a month or two your only regret will be not having done this sooner. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 309 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 356 views